Mopar Antifreeze/Coolant Info

FWIW. In our area the recommended GO5 coolant is not easy to find. The local Advance Auto doesn't carry it (or didn't when I asked a while back). I didn't see it with a quick look on a recent trip to Auto Zone. I didn't ask because I had already purchased some Zerex GO5 from our local NAPA store.

http://www.powersautomotiveservices.com/tipofthemonth/coolants.html
"GO 5 is the latest to join the passenger car and light truck coolant category. The color of this coolant has been dyed yellow. It also is a long life coolant that needs to be handled the same as the Dexcool. The GO 5 coolant is used in later model Ford and Chrysler vehicles."

I wouldn't hesitate to use GO5 coolant to avoid the cost of the Mopar branded stuff. AP/vic

Last edited:

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
The Zerex branded G-05 is pricey as well. Don't confuse the 50/50 water diluted version with the full strength version. You get what you pay for. Doktor A

sprintguy

16+ yrs Master Commercial technician
Just so you all know, that coolant is used in all newer Chrysler Dodge, Jeep vehicles. It is a HOAT (hybrid organic, anti-corrosion type) coolant, as far as I know it is not concidered G05, but is (according to Chrysler) an acceptable alternative to G05.

Carl

Ciprian

Spark Plugs not allowed!
Last coolant change I used Zerex G-05 by Valvoline, my local NAPA store caries it. It was around $12 for a full strength gallon. The time before this I bought some from the Dodge dealer, and this was $21 for a half strength gallon (mixed).

Top Bottom