2008 3.0 Diesel Serpentine Belt Service Information

DSMTurbo2

Greetings. I have just experienced serpentine belt failure after having the idler pulley on my belt tensioner seize.

I noticed it was difficult for me to find part numbers on the forum.

Here is what I have discovered so far. I am still looking for part numbers (and would appreciate MB ones if someone wants to share) from different trusted manufacturers.

This is for the standard AC (front cabin only) Part numbers will vary for rear AC units

5) Tensioner Assembly: Gates 39081
3) Serpentine Belt: Gates K070801HD V-Belt
8) Idler Pulley X2: Dayco 89133

Note: Appears Europarts.com sells a full kit with no mention of part manufacturers being supplied: http://europarts-sd.com/serpentinebeltkit1992-1995-1-2.asp

I feel like it might be helpful to add torque specs to all fasteners if anyone has that info available.

Please add in correct info if you have it. Hopefully this is helpful.

Thanks
Erik

Last edited:

DSMTurbo2

UPDATE Dayco 89133 idler pulleys that I received were too large in diameter. My idlers were only approximately 2.1" in diameter. Ordered OEM from hoekstra in Grand Rapids.

OEM #6422001070 idler X2

MobileCC

Greetings. I have just experienced serpentine belt failure after having the idler pulley on my belt tensioner seize.

I noticed it was difficult for me to find part numbers on the forum.

Here is what I have discovered so far. I am still looking for part numbers (and would appreciate MB ones if someone wants to share) from different trusted manufacturers.

This is for the standard AC (front cabin only) Part numbers will vary for rear AC units

5) Tensioner Assembly: Gates 39081
3) Serpentine Belt: Gates K070801HD V-Belt
8) Idler Pulley X2: Dayco 89133

Note: Appears Europarts.com sells a full kit with no mention of part manufacturers being supplied: http://europarts-sd.com/serpentinebeltkit1992-1995-1-2.asp

I feel like it might be helpful to add torque specs to all fasteners if anyone has that info available.

Please add in correct info if you have it. Hopefully this is helpful.

Thanks
Erik

What was the mileage ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom