Bag awning (ARB, rhino rack, front runner) on high roof?

Onefin

Considering a bag awning from one of the expedition brands for my 170”
2.5 meters are the longest and I’d likely choose frontrunner as the bag color is the most pleasing.
https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...wnings/front-runner-easy-out-awning-2-5m.html

Likley will rarely use it, just like we rarely used the fiamma on our old sprinter.
Hoping to minimize: weight, rattles, and costs versus a fiamma, Thule or dometic.

Realistically a step stool will be required, but beyond that does anyone use one?
I saw the YouTube video of the fox wing on the 144” and he deploys it solo without ladder, but the rear wheel location on the 170” makes this difficult.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NCbbqfRJRc0

IanG

Please tell me the Thule I ordered a couple of weeks again won’t rattle a lot [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onefin

Please tell me the Thule I ordered a couple of weeks again won’t rattle a lot [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your Thule awning will not rattle.

At least I hope it doesn’t!
My Fiamma rattled quite a bit.
Some people I’ve spoken with say that theirs rattle, some say they are silent.

The more I research the Thule, the more consideration I give it.....looks like a nice awning at a great price compared to the competing brands.

Last edited:

brbo

Hey, kinda in the same boat - what ever worked out for you ? What did you buy ? Happy ?

PS that video was not on a high roof.....I was hang on there for a minute......

Considering a bag awning from one of the expedition brands for my 170”
2.5 meters are the longest and I’d likely choose frontrunner as the bag color is the most pleasing.
https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...wnings/front-runner-easy-out-awning-2-5m.html

Likley will rarely use it, just like we rarely used the fiamma on our old sprinter.
Hoping to minimize: weight, rattles, and costs versus a fiamma, Thule or dometic.

Realistically a step stool will be required, but beyond that does anyone use one?
I saw the YouTube video of the fox wing on the 144” and he deploys it solo without ladder, but the rear wheel location on the 170” makes this difficult.

rinkratrob

Your Thule awning will not rattle.

At least I hope it doesn’t!
My Fiamma rattled quite a bit.
Some people I’ve spoken with say that theirs rattle, some say they are silent.

The more I research the Thule, the more consideration I give it.....looks like a nice awning at a great price compared to the competing brands.
If you go with Thule I would love to know the results....I am still on the fence for the awning.....

brbo

If you go with Thule I would love to know the results....I am still on the fence for the awning.....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rinkratrob

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Looked at the link on Amazon and it has 8.5 ft, your site has 10 ft for a 144" (what I have). Is this just an Amazon link thing, or is your awning the 8.5x6 foot one? Thanks for the video, no idea you had that other site (but had your site book marked already!).

Rob

Top Bottom