Possibly renting a 2006 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser G24

rmasteller

Our nephew out west is getting married next summer and we're considering taking a 2 week vacation, renting a class B, and using that experience to determine if we would want to own a class B RV. There's a 2006 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser G24 available. If I go check it out this month, what should I ask the owner to help improve our chances of having a good 3,500 mile vacation? BTW, I'm not a 100% total RV novice, my dad had a 33' Airstream/Thor class A for 15 years and I once rented a class C from Cruise America for a long weekend. Thanks!

Asm109

2019 LTV Unity MB
I would ask how regularly the unit is used. Regular use= systems that are working. Sitting for months or years = no Bueno.

rmasteller

Owners just took it to Colorado and it is rented for the next few weekends. I'll ask about vehicle maintenance and repairs and replacements of RV appliances and utilities. Any other advice is welcome.

rmasteller

We're bringing our two small dogs on the trip and need to find out how long the heat or AC could run if we drive to a tourist activity and leave the dogs in the van in a parking lot. We can't have dogs at risk while we're in a museum or seeing some natural landmark. There's no solar on this particular RV.

Davis Carver

Our nephew out west is getting married next summer and we're considering taking a 2 week vacation, renting a class B, and using that experience to determine if we would want to own a class B RV. There's a 2006 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser G24 available. If I go check it out this month, what should I ask the owner to help improve our chances of having a good 3,500 mile vacation? BTW, I'm not a 100% total RV novice, my dad had a 33' Airstream/Thor class A for 15 years and I once rented a class C from Cruise America for a long weekend. Thanks!
We have one that we are renting on Outdoorsy and RV Share. In immaculate shape. Best, Davis and Carla

D

Deleted member 50714

We're bringing our two small dogs on the trip and need to find out how long the heat or AC could run if we drive to a tourist activity and leave the dogs in the van in a parking lot. We can't have dogs at risk while we're in a museum or seeing some natural landmark. There's no solar on this particular RV.
My dogs are like children to me and would never leave them in a vehicle unattended under any circumstances. IT'S AGAINST THE LAW AND INTELLIGENCE!!!

Top Bottom