3500 4x4 tire size?

Spmspm

Just wondering what will fit with a 3500 with stock wheels. Any pictures would be great. Thanks

VAN7

have u guys thought about super single?
also why did u go for 3500? i was pretty set on 2500 but can save on taxes if i go 3500.. would definetly want to get super single, however wondering about ride? especially on roof roads?
and why did u guys go with 3500 (besides weight)?
thx
R

Personally don't care for super single, limited tire choices and based on the purpose of the tire & it's extremely stiff sidewall I imagine it would ride similar to a normal dually setup.

For our purpose of burning up the road getting to and from adventure spots, some gravel backroads, fire roads etc the 3500 was better suited for our needs. We have a heavy build and the van feels quite stable cruising down the highway and the extra width of the duals helps stability in strong side winds, this I can attest to as our previous van was a low roof 144 pop top.

If we planned on doing a lot of backcountry exploring then the 2500 would have probably been a better choice based on the single rear wheel.

I upgraded the rear shocks to Fox with the heavy valving and that made a huge difference, also added Sumo springs up front which helped. While the van rides great on the road I may upgrade rear springs at some point to see if this helps soften the off road manners.

Hope my .02 helps and sounds like either way you'll have yourself a sweet new rig.

kfo

Correct me if I’m wrong-when I looked at the VS30 2019 DOG, super single 3500 170 4x4 is not an option?

Silveringot

8 Grit Sandpaper
I’m back and forth on oem or 235. Thats why I ask. I appreciate your response. What does the gap between tires look like in the back? OEM measures just under 1.5” at the ground bulge. I worry if I run low pressures that I might rub when hitting bumps.

Cyn

have u guys thought about super single?
also why did u go for 3500? i was pretty set on 2500 but can save on taxes if i go 3500.. would definetly want to get super single, however wondering about ride? especially on roof roads?
and why did u guys go with 3500 (besides weight)?
thx
R
I got a 3500HD 4x4 to pull my horse trailer. The ride and handling is amazingly smooth with stock tires. I have a back injury and cannot ride in three-quarter ton pick up trucks because of the jarring. This van performs amazing even with heavy potholes even when empty but it likes weight. However the factory tires suck in any snow. I’m looking for an all-terrain tire primarily for snow. Im not a big offroader. That will keep my smooth ride and mileage. Yes I want it all

Top Bottom