Aircon 516 2014 Cab Chassis

Crustie

Chris
My aircon is doing strange things
The Fan speed slows down and the cooling warms
Seems to do it on recycle or fresh air
A few weeks ago I put it in for its first service 30,000 with Benz in Sydney and I would have thought they should have checked the filter this may of been on the schedule or not , driving to Albury from Sydney on friday the AIrcon was intermittent all day.
The next morning I pulled the filter out and yes it was quite dirty. I gave it a good shake and it seemed to improve things however was still a little intermittent
I will replace the filter and let you all know how it goes.
I was disappointed to see the filter dirty when it takes only a minute to check it !!! :bash:
Cheers Chris

Iggy66

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately just confirms the old saying,

If you want it done properly, do it yourself.

Mercedes service departments are there primarily to make money for the dealership.

They achieve this by turning over as many vehicles as possible per day for a fixed service fee which doesn't allow time to check the little things not prescribed for that particular service :rolleyes:

Crustie

Chris
Hi
Benz say they found no problem after having truck for two days
However they have fitted a new filter
Cheers Chris

blfmtriv

living in the Top End NT
hi chris, i have a 2016 516 and i have the same thing, fan winds right down for a while then comes back up, also some times th aircon doesnt kick in straight away, like 5 mins later when i,m driving, hows yours going now

Top Bottom