Where to find those transmission pan clamp thingies?

Elusive

Hi all, first time posting after a long time lurking. I have a 2005 T1N which had a partially stripped bolt on one of the corner pieces of the transmission oil pan. I did a dumb thing and tried to retorque it lightly to stay in place but its gone and jiggled itself loose on the highway taking the metal clamp with it. Is there a good place to find these metal clamp pieces for the transmission oil pan? I cant find anything on ebay or mopar or mercedes online stores and most junkyards want to sell the transmission whole. As is I now have a slow drip leak out of the corner.

Is this something I need to try fabricating to replace it? Not even sure what to call these things... there are 6 total clamp things which hold the transmission oil pan on and i lost the one unique corner piece guy :(

Thanks for any insight here!

lindenengineering

They are readily available from the dealer chains.

Either MB using you Vin # or the MOPAR system since the NAG1 transmissions is/was used a lot in their products like the Dodge Sprinter & Crossfire.

Dennis

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
The spacers (“nuts” ?!) are items 8 (x5) and 9 (x1), the bolt is item 10 (x6) in the attached drawing. (with Mopar and MB p/n)

#8 . 52108334AA . x5 (A 140 271 00 68)
#9 . 05080289AA . x1 (A 140 271 01 68) - the one you lost?
#10 - 52108270AA . x6 (A 140 990 46 01)

The bolts are torqued to 70 inch pounds... about 6 foot pounds.
A few strands of fine wire can help a partially stripped hole.

-dave

Parts manuals, cross lists, etc are here:
http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/

Added:
Asked about this today (my coolant level sensor order is late...)
The #9 corner "clamping body" is $3.50 new at the MB parts counter, and I also found it offered here:
https://www.mbpartsmiami.com/oem-parts/mercedes-benz-clamping-body-1402710168

Attachments

Last edited:

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
These are the same for almost all NAG1 transmissions. Go for a walk in your local pick-n-pull, and you will likely find several Jeep cherokees (06-09?), dodge sedans, etc, with the NAG1, slide under and unbolt.

Elusive

Thank you guys so much! Just ordered the replacement parts, and learned so much more in the process. You guys are the best!

Top Bottom