Velcro on drivers seat base cover

MrTomacco

Mr. Tommaco
The velcro has peeled off the drivers seat base that holds the vinyl material covering the seat base and fuse panel access. I tried hot glue and then double stick tape, but it ends up peeling off. Any solutions?

Thanks

The velcro has peeled off the drivers seat base that holds the vinyl material covering the seat base and fuse panel access. I tried hot glue and then double stick tape, but it ends up peeling off. Any solutions?

Thanks
I have had good success using Goop glue to fasten Velcro to various materials. A key is that you either need to completely clean the used Velcro piece(s) of ALL of the failed adhesive, or start with new non-adhesive Velcro. The other bonding surface also needs to be squeaky clean.

For me the final solution has sometimes involved some strategically placed aluminum pop rivets with small washers to secure the Velcro.

:2cents: vic

CaptnALinTiverton

xT1N Westfalia
I have re-glued that velcro with plastic glue in disconnected areas. I've often thought of using PVC glue which seems potent and instantaneous. The main thing I wanted to say was one work around solution I found when attaching velcro by any means is to use short length pieces (~2 inch) with a gap (~1/8 inch) between them which compensates for the expansion difference of the velcro versus the material (e.g., metal) being attached to.

AL

Top Bottom