Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 Write-Ups

NCV3 Write-Ups Help other NCV3 owners by posting your experience working on your Sprinter.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #11
shouldbeasy

Default Re: Perfect Table set up for factory bench seats

Lagon makes quality products it seems! I found them while doing some searching for marine hatches and was quite pleased at the variety of options they have for their tables.

Once I get my interior sorted out, I'm sure one or two of these will make their way to my rig.

Thanks for the write up! Step bits are my new best friend...
shouldbeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #12
slamit
www.cacampervan.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Nice work, congratulations.

I ordered a Lagun mount a couple of month ago from UK as well. It is indeed a high-quality mount. Mine will be mounted to the 8020 galley’s front right corner for front seats. I have all materials needed just need to find time to do it.
Yes, when you have a galley or cabinet no special mount is needed, just use the mounting plate that comes with the Lagun table mount. Super easy...a few nuts/bolts through some wood. This is also an easy way to extend your galley. You can as well mount off wall...but the table is then on the side but need to reinforce the wall mounting area to support the Lagun table.
slamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #13
slamit
www.cacampervan.com

Some have asked so I will put this in email string. I have these custom made mounts for $350 including hardware and painted black. This is mount only. Yes it's a lot of $, however they take 2-3 hours to build as they are hand made one at a time and that's with a jig that cuts that time down a lot. These are way harder than they look to get to fit perfect. No welding to install. I had my fabricator build the mount...the first one took 3 tries to get right. Cost me over $1000 to figure it out. Anyone familiar with custom fabrication knows how expensive it is to get done, let alone finding someone whom can even know what to do. These fit perfectly, are out of the way and built crazy strong. You would be surprised how much flex you get. One of the reasons it took three tries to get right. The table stores perfectly behind the bench seat on the drivers side. You don't even need to use shims to install the Lagun table system.

I put enough information here that if you have a welder and some patience for sure you can figure out how to build one...just might take you a few tries for sure and you still need a mount and table.

I don't know why anyone with swivels and stock seats would not have this in their van...it transforms the front into a perfect hang out area. I use this all the time in my van with my family. Have this set up in every van I have owned.

For under $700 bucks (if you mail order table and mount) You can really transform your van and make it useful with stock seats. WAY better than a pedestal table.

If interested PM me with phone number.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:49 PM   #14
Hatteras Jim

This is how I added a table to our build. First of all, my wife and I are 5'4" short, so what works for us may not work for larger (full size) adults. We tried a few collapsible tables and the problem was always storage of the tables.

First thing - I added a single rear seat that came with a fixed pedestal (needed to do this anyway). The seat slides but does not rotate. Around the base, I constructed a storage area for tools, oil, coleman fuel, propane, jumper cables, spotlights etc. I already had a passenger swivel seat up front.

Next, I took a piece of scrap "starboard" (marine plastic) 3/8" thick and cut it so that when the door is closed, it will swing up past the floor (about 25.5" L and 20" W). Using aluminum hinges, I rivi-nutted them to the door frame with 1/4-20 bolts. Remove the door piece so you have a clear view. Counter sunk the elongated nuts into the starboard surface. Also routed a smooth round over edge on the table. A bungee keeps it from rattling during driving. I thought cleanup would be easier on the plastic, as opposed to regular plywood.

The table support is a hollow curtain rod with a rubber plug on the bottom. The rod is stored to the left of the table and held in place with a top piece I got from Walmart ($6) and I fashioned a receptacle for the rod from starboard, painted it black and screwed it to the rubber door stop at the bottom.

The table has a bolt protruding from the center near the edge, and this fits into the table support. When the table is folded down against the sliding door, I drilled a hole for the bolt to slip into, in the inside door support. Bolt length is such that it does not exit the door on the outside (done that somewhere else once). We have used this setup for over 3 years and 20k miles and never had a problem. It's great for games and dinner when it is cold or raining. Now, I wouldn't trust a 15 pound pot of spaghetti on it, but for a 2 person dinner, it works for us. Since both seats slide, you can adjust how close you want to be.

Pedestal seat was less than $200 (and we wanted a rear seat regardless), and the rest of the material was scraps. The rod holder for $6 was the only thing I really had to buy. Happy to elaborate if needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear seat.JPG (237.0 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg table stowed (1).JPG (165.9 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg rod holder.JPG (190.6 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg table in use (1).JPG (186.0 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg table in use.JPG (166.2 KB, 235 views)
Hatteras Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hatteras Jim For This Useful Post:
JJolls (03-20-2018), rollerbearing (07-03-2018)
Old 04-03-2018, 11:52 PM   #15
150vanlife

Just wanted to chirp in on this thread. I purchased the swivel table mount that Korey at www.cacampervan.com sells and it installed perfectly. After finishing up the swivel seats this was next on the list and I think it turned out great.

See attached image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2564 copy.jpg (358.2 KB, 221 views)
150vanlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:47 PM   #16
slamit
www.cacampervan.com

I finally got more of these made, ordered in much higher quantity, and a better fabricator to get the price of the table adapter down for much less than what it would cost to hire a fabricator to build one. Of course if you can weld and have a lot of patience you can make one for $20 in materials! Send a PM for more info if you want one. If you have a Swivels and factory seats this system works great, way better than a boat pedestal mount. Adapter only. You can get table and mount best price through teak marine uk. Gets to your door in 3 days!
The Following User Says Thank You to slamit For This Useful Post:
Obliged (06-30-2018)
Old 06-30-2018, 02:56 PM   #17
slamit
www.cacampervan.com

Some install pictures to show how to install. You want the mount to be 90 degrees to floor, have the mount clear the seat, and make sure its level to the ground. You can use the Lagun bracket to help hold in place if you need a 3rd hand. (see last pic)Mark top holes...carefully drill a pilot hole...use self taping screws, then check alignment, do the same on bottom. If you really mess up using self taping screws or want a totally bomb proof mount, you can use through bolts through the entire seat, but I have found this is not needed unless you over tighten or mess up the self taping screws. You can also use rivnut as well if you have one. Super easy, just take your time.

It is located on the outside opening...why? No interference with cup holder and this tends to get the table in a better position. You can off set the table as well or make a custom table of your own. I use the "medium" table supplied by Marine Teak...its a very reasonable price.

IMG_5178.jpg

IMG_5175.jpg

IMG_5173.jpg

IMG_5180.jpg

IMG_5554.jpg

Last edited by slamit; 06-30-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:18 AM   #18
slamit
www.cacampervan.com

I have these now in stock now all the time...lower price $250+ shipping. Includes mounting hardware. You would just need to buy a Lagun table mount and a table. This is for the adaptor for factory bench seat only. If you have another seat, you likely can figure something else that would be similar. These work really nice and keep the floor clean. Easy DIY...an afternoon for the entire install including swivels, or if you have swivels these are a must. Way better solution than converting your rear bed to a bench/table set up, a lot faster and easier for a stock sprinter seat set up. PM me if you are interested glad to send more pics or others you can talk to who use the table/seats with this system.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:02 AM   #19
t.fischer

Do you have a mount for separated passenger seats in the second row?
Thanks
Ted
t.fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:01 AM   #20
slamit
www.cacampervan.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.fischer View Post
Do you have a mount for separated passenger seats in the second row?
Thanks
Ted
No only this one for a three person seat. I am sure you can take this idea go to a fabricator and have them weld something up for you.