08 3500 Glow Plug

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
Well, I have 110,000 miles on the stock plugs. Gonna change them all and go from there. Lol.
Change the controller first, if it's still the original. These are known to fail and may also contribute to GP failure. Easy DIY job before you try to change the GPs.

Tibbetsni

Change the controller first, if it's still the original. These are known to fail and may also contribute to GP failure. Easy DIY job before you try to change the GPs.
Forgive me.... I'm new to the Sprinters, Isn't there one controller for each glow plug? Seems like it's more cost effective to switch out the glow plugs ($70 for a set of 6 Bosch plugs) vs. $150+ per controller.

Well, I may just answered my question, looks like there is only one controller for the six plugs.

Is europarts-sd.com the best place to purchase parts for our sprinters?

Sinorm

europarts-sd.com is great, certainly recommend. There is just a single glow plug controller, and as folks have mentioned make sure you have the latest version as older versions are known to cause issues. You might need new glow plugs also, that is easy to test with a voltage meter.

Here are the part numbers for the glow plug controllers so you can see what version you have, it turns out my 08 3500 had already been upgraded to the latest version by the previous owner:

A642 153 0379 (original installation)
A642 900 2800 (updated version)
A642 900 5801 (latest version)

Tibbetsni

europarts-sd.com is great, certainly recommend. There is just a single glow plug controller, and as folks have mentioned make sure you have the latest version as older versions are known to cause issues. You might need new glow plugs also, that is easy to test with a voltage meter.

Here are the part numbers for the glow plug controllers so you can see what version you have, it turns out my 08 3500 had already been upgraded to the latest version by the previous owner:

A642 153 0379 (original installation)
A642 900 2800 (updated version)
A642 900 5801 (latest version)
Awesome, thank you.

I found:
https://europarts-sd.com/item.asp?cID=113&PID=1996 as the entire set.

But unlike:
https://europarts-sd.com/glowplugcontrolunit2007-2009.asp

It does not say what version the controller is.

Sinorm

They are only going to sell the latest version, if your van has one of the older controllers then just buy the whole set and be done with it.

SeattleMatt

Probably better to start with new GP's then reset the codes and try again. The module is expensive.

I actually repaired my gp module by cutting it open and soldering it :) but I wouldn't recommend it.

Top Bottom