Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Sprinter Talk

Sprinter Talk General discussion about anything and everything about Sprinters.
Discussion: Scanners

Old 05-17-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
Felix!

Default Rear seat placement in 07' Dodge Sprinter passenger van

Hello All,

This is my first post, so I apologize in advance if the question is in the wrong location.

We just purchased a 07' 144 Dodge Sprinter passenger van and are starting the build-out process. The van came with a really nice two person seat. We love the idea of having a two person seat that would allow partial access to the space under our bed in the back of the van.

The problem:
We would like to move the two person seat to the right-hand side of the vehicle, but there is a MASSIVE sticker on the back warning of mortal danger if you move the seat to the right-hand side of the van. The two-seater seat has only two connection points, as opposed to the three for the 3 person seat. The connection points and mechanism appear to be identical and I can see no engineering reason not to attempt to move the seat over.

I have scoured the internet for any reference to the dangers of doing so, and can't find any reference to the warning online. I thought I would post here to get any feedback from the sprinter community.

Thanks,

-Daryl
Felix! is offline   Reply With Quote