Overhead Storage Options: FF8, FF4, FQ6

kfo

Seeking advice/recommendations on these options:

FF8: Overhead Storage slot, front center

FF4: Storage Compartment Above Cabin

FQ6: Lockable Storage Compartment above windshield

My dealer is only able to add FF8 to my '19 4x4 2500 170 order. Anyone able to get the other two (one or both)?

Also, looks like FF8 is a DIN slot per the guide. Is this useful even if I'm not adding a radio or something electrical to this space? Does it hinder an overhead shelf?

Edit: It looks like FQ6 is standard on the 2500. Can anyone confirm? What other overhead storage is standard? It looks like FF4 is only available on 3500 models per the 2019 v3 dealer ordering guide.

Cheers, Kipp

Last edited:

wquek

Work in progress
I ordered the FF8 DIN slot. No current plan for the DIN slot yet but it comes with wiring behind the slot. It’s going to be useful for dash cam, CB or other gadgets.

I understand that the lockable box is the only lockable storage in the van as there is no glovebox on the passenger side. That’s why it’s standard. Is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gski

My 2019 2500 van arrived yesterday with no FQ6 lockable storage.

When I ordered, the dealer said one list shows FQ6 as standard, the other as unavailable. Turns out the second list was correct.

sulkorp

I have a 2500 crew and do not have a lockable storage compartment.

Before buying I did look at another, and it didn't have it either.

TMacDMB

The MY20 (2020) Sprinter DOG (Dealer Ordering Guide) says "FQ6 lockable compartment above windshield - removed" so assuming the option no longer exists

Top Bottom