Thanks for the used parts purchases

lindenengineering

Yes don't we all--BUT sometimes budgets don't stretch that far so "used" is a good alternative, because remember a "new part" is a "used part" the moment its installed !

By getting a good used part in this scheme you get to support Mercyships (www.mercyship.org) and you pay something forward.

What can be better than that?:thumbup:
Dennis

lindenengineering

Here's an example since I last posted the original.

On the hook in came a young couple with a blown TIN engine .
Normally $10,500 job.
Not having a lot of emergency cash they were stranded BUT--I had just got in a Sprinter that had been badly T boned with 357,000 miles on it. Seemed to run OK so i sold it to them for $3000 including the install. No warranty, no pack drill, just cash got from Dad in California & drive away
The proceeds went to Mercyships.

That $3000 can change a life or two for someone in West Africa who you will never meet. BUT
They will remember that people in the USA are generous and extend a hand across the sea to those who can't afford even basic medical attention.
Dennis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2106B1G_vQw

lindenengineering

Yeah, maybe you're right. But we have slightly different conditions. I live in India and we have our own car manufacturers that are a bit different and the price of parts for some models is relatively cheap too. For example, if you are interested, compare the prices of car alternator , my TATA( my latest purchase ) , and some popular model.
P. S this is just my opinion, as a sprinter I have, is a working car from the company and its services I do not do.
Well firstly labor & material costs are much lower in India than in the USA
Having been India several times in the 80's I am sure much has changed.
Parts and repair services are still quite cheapo judging by what i have purchased of late from machine shops in Chennai .

That also includes the recent emergence of Modicare which my personal medical physician who is Indian have discussed at lengths recently and its hopeful benefits.
That is in stark contrast to West Africa and Mercyships which my company supports.

I suppose to add a light hearted end to this post my doctor (Indian) asked me as a Brit where can you get the best curry in the world?
Puzzled for a moment to come up with valid a valid reply he said Nottingham!
My brother is there, also a doctor.
The very best Indian food you get in Nottingham.:thumbup:
Dennis

Last edited:

Top Bottom