2019 Roambuilt Roof Rack

Mr Makai

I think round lights are more retro or dated depending on the application. On a Sprinter I like the look of both.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wquek

Work in progress
The model of roof rack with the round lights seem to extend forward of the van a little bit further, giving a little extra room to install solar panels. I prefer the round look more because it covers up the front part of the roof or forehead a little bit more. Also the 8” round lights harken back to the older days of overlanding with Land Rovers and Camel Trophy. Go with what you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrinkledpants

2017 144WB 4x4
Five individual round lights or one light bar? What do you prefer and why?
Their V2 rack has a slight curve on the front to match the curve of the roof. It's subtle, but looks really good in person.

I like the idea of round lights as you can direct them where you want, but a single light bar can be made to look pretty low-key. The roambuilt racks are top notch, give you a ton of room, but it looks like a lot. Meaning - it's pushing the ridiculous envelope. I'm not a fan of their racks that include a light bar. RB Components has the best looking rack if going the lightbar route. Not cheap, and it has less room up top than Roambuilt. If you don't mind the insane look of Roambuilt, you can't beat their racks, IMO. I stood on the one top the Iglhaut van this summer, and it's burly. Wiring is impeccable, tons of room, and the new curved setup looks dope in person.

For me, we're likely going to go with the hood-mounted light pods, and possibly a pair of round lights in the grill. This would give us extra lighting at night when offroad, but keep the roof pretty clean. So far, we haven't needed the rack space up top.

P

Patrick walsh

I keep going back and forth on this one myself.

Outside Van has a pretty nice light bar rack. I am on the fence myself round or bar. In some ways the new 2019’s are to contemporary looking for the round lights. But you know I a,so like how they cover up some of the roof on the front and add additional length for solar.

I’m also stuck on 16’s or 18’s. Being mostly a light off road vehicle unless you plan to cut the truck into pieces and put a real off road suspension and gears on it it seems 18’s and going looks and performance makes the most sense. I’m torn myself between 18” Arsenal’s or the 16” Hutchison beadlocks.

Take into account that nobody has really had their hands on one of the new vans to really start making stuff specific to them and I’m inclined to sit tight and see what people come up with. For instance I’m pretty sure the RoamBuilt front and rear bumpers and even the rear Aluminess stuff is not gonna work with all the radars everywhere.

All I can hope is people go nuts over winter in hopes of seeking a bunch of product come spring.

I’m gonna commence going nuts on my van come spring regardless. Sadly I think I got like $20K into exterior crap before I even touch the inside.

I know that didn’t help it made it worse.

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo

Outside Van has a pretty nice light bar rack. I am on the fence myself round or bar. In some ways the new 2019’s are to contemporary looking for the round lights. But you know I a,so like how they cover up some of the roof on the front and add additional length for solar.

I’m also stuck on 16’s or 18’s. Being mostly a light off road vehicle unless you plan to cut the truck into pieces and put a real off road suspension and gears on it it seems 18’s and going looks and performance makes the most sense. I’m torn myself between 18” Arsenal’s or the 16” Hutchison beadlocks.

Take into account that nobody has really had their hands on one of the new vans to really start making stuff specific to them and I’m inclined to sit tight and see what people come up with. For instance I’m pretty sure the RoamBuilt front and rear bumpers and even the rear Aluminess stuff is not gonna work with all the radars everywhere.

All I can hope is people go nuts over winter in hopes of seeking a bunch of product come spring.

I’m gonna commence going nuts on my van come spring regardless. Sadly I think I got like $20K into exterior crap before I even touch the inside.

there isnt much specific except bumpers

Roambuilt will start working on the front and rear bumper design for the 2019 early next year. I’m really looking forward to it. They will take a swing at designing so all sensors and distance control works properly. Patience...

Mr Makai

I think 18s that will fit in the wheel well of an unlifted 2019 will have some short sidewalls.

NJ2CA

Roambuilt will start working on the front and rear bumper design for the 2019 early next year. I’m really looking forward to it. They will take a swing at designing so all sensors and distance control works properly. Patience...
This would be amazing... I'm in deep trying to figure out options to mount some additional lighting since my van doesn't have LEDs or Fogs BUT has adaptive cruise, front camera, sensors, and rear AC which is making it almost impossible to find a decent solution.

Onefin

This would be amazing... I'm in deep trying to figure out options to mount some additional lighting since my van doesn't have LEDs or Fogs BUT has adaptive cruise, front camera, sensors, and rear AC which is making it almost impossible to find a decent solution.
Van compass should have their light mount brackets for the 2019+ in fromt of the grill up for sale soon.
Get a set of those and some Baja designs LP9 lights and you should be good to go.
https://vancompass.com/collections/sprinter-4x4-2019

Overvand

'20 144" HR 4x4
My experience from years of desert racing has taught me that any lights at or above the hood line, cause back scatter of light on dust particles, rain and fog. This can be a blinding white-out condition depending on the severity of the obstructions. Today, most Baja 1000 racers mount lights low and in front of the grill. Notwithstanding, on a clear calm night with no other vehicle ahead on the same trail, lights up top can be useful. Another consideration is some states require lights above the drivers head to be covered on highways. Most states allow for fog or driving lights to remain uncovered. Some states even allow 'spot' lights on the b-pillars to remain exposed, but again the back-scatter is a problem there too.

P

Patrick walsh

Google Outside van Stratta.....

They are running 18’s with Nitto Ridge or trail grapplers. Looks like plenty of sidewall for highway driving to and from national parks and light off-road.

I do plan myself to take my rig west and do the some of the longer off road routes. Many of them them at leas the ones I’m familiar with look fairly tame. If not for this desire I’d just do the 18’s all day. I may even go 18’s for around town then get those Hutchison beadlocks for my trips west.

That’s a bit crazy but I wouldn’t put it past me to do something so impractical.

I think 18s that will fit in the wheel well of an unlifted 2019 will have some short sidewalls.

P

Patrick walsh

I also found this.

So far I guess it doesn’t work with the adaptive cruise yada yada. The maker has plans to fix that all be it the design will change a bit so I’m told.

This would address the issue as the poster above mentioned regarding high or roof mount lighting.

There are more pictures of this van with the RoamBuilt roof rack with round lights if you dig.

https://catunedoffroad.com/catuned-offroad-sprinter-hammerhead-bumper

NJ2CA

I also found this.

So far I guess it doesn’t work with the adaptive cruise yada yada. The maker has plans to fix that all be it the design will change a bit so I’m told.

This would address the issue as the poster above mentioned regarding high or roof mount lighting.

There are more pictures of this van with the RoamBuilt roof rack with round lights if you dig.

https://catunedoffroad.com/catuned-offroad-sprinter-hammerhead-bumper

That lightbar/bumper setup looks like it's crowning...

Top Bottom