Auxiliary dash switches-deal for you

Monafly

2015 2500 short tall 6cyl
In working on my build out, I figured out a cheap way to get auxiliary dash switches (NCV3) by machining out a rectangle in the blank dash plates and installing off the shelf (AutoZone) switches.

Pictures attached.

Folks on this forum have been very helpful to me with my build so I'm offering a possible return of the favors.

If you send me blank switch plates (image on the left) with return postage enclosed, I'll send back cut out blanks (second image from the left) ready for you to install switches yourself. I have scrounged a handful of these blanks, so turn around will be fast and if one does get damaged, I have (very limited) spares.

The AutoZone switches are part# 85920 (blue), 85922 (red), etc. $4.49; 85924 (unlit) $3.99
They are single pole single throw 20A switches w/ or w/o being lit (when on).

Attachments

Last edited:

Monafly

2015 2500 short tall 6cyl
I don't know-check w/ Autozone to see if they have others in the same form factor. I just needed on/off so didn't really look for others.

Vinz

This is what I ended up installing... I was hoping for a flush mount, but could not find anything priced reasonable... these switches were about 4.50$ each. I didn't want to have to try and cut out a square slot in the blank... I tried it before on another vehicle and I didn't have the time nor the patience.

Attachments

Last edited:

lpbrewer

Larry, 2017 170WB Dulley HR
If you still need a headliner, let me know. I have a 2017 high roof, 170 headliner, which I am thinking would also fit, but without one of the panels. I do have the clips. I live just across the border from Hermiston, OR. You can text or call me at 509.420.0270. I am Actually headed over to West side later this week.

TSBeast

This is what I ended up installing... I was hoping for a flush mount, but could not find anything priced reasonable... these switches were about 4.50$ each. I didn't want to have to try and cut out a square slot in the blank... I tried it before on another vehicle and I didn't have the time nor the patience.
Where did you get your switches? Did you modify the opening?
Tony

Top Bottom