short passenger - feet support

I'm thinking someone out in Sprinter Land has faced this same challenge.
My wife who is 5'5" tall cannot reach the floor with her feet when she's riding in the passenger seat in our 144, 4x4 Sprinter. Any ideas for some kind of material or prefab item, maybe 3" to 5" tall that could just sit on the floor and make long trips more comfortable?

I'm thinking someone out in Sprinter Land has faced this same challenge.

My wife who is 5'5" tall cannot reach the floor with her feet when she's riding in the passenger seat in our 144, 4x4 Sprinter. Any ideas for some kind of material or prefab item, maybe 3" to 5" tall that could just sit on the floor and make long trips more comfortable?

I have the exact same problem. I’m probably just going to pick up a nursing foot stool for the passenger side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

430 hp 70

'19 144 Gas Passenger - Carlsbad
They make the shorter seat platforms that are meant for the swivel seats. They about 3 in shorter, but require the removal of the buckets. The passenger is easy, but the drivers seat has a bunch of stuff underneath. I had planned on spending the $400 and going this route, but my wife has since moved her seat further forward and does better since the floor is inclined.

Mine also came with the stupid thigh support thingy and the lever was hitting her legs. I popped off the lever and it's much better.

Last edited:

sanomechanic

They make the shorter seat platforms that are meant for the swivel seats. They about 3 in shorter, but require the removal of the buckets. The passenger is easy, but the drivers seat has a bunch of stuff underneath. I had planned on spending the $400 and going this route, but my wife has since moved her seat further forward and does better since the floor is inclined.

Mine also came with the stupid thigh support thingy and the lever was hitting her legs. I popped off the lever and it's much better.
Those shorter seat bases only work for the swivels. The bolt pattern is different than the seat tracks.Tried installing an OEM swivel on a regular high base. Bolt holes will not line up.

Last edited:

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
I have the standard height seat bases and the Eurovan swivel seats. My wife at 5’ 4” prefers the higher seating position so I added 2” of minicell foam under the passenger side floor mat so her feet touch the floor. My friend, also using Eurovan swivels, swapped out the standard seat bases for the shorter OEM seat bases with no issues. Both vans are pre 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pfflyer

My wife is 5'2 and bought this stool, I think at Walmart.
My wife uses a similar stool but not because her feet don’t touch the floor but it raises her knees up for a different seating position when I am on one of my marathon 10 to 14 hour drives.

xpieti

Is there any danger to installing a "permanent" cubby there? Thinking that a stool is a waste of space and installing a short cubby there could add some additional storage space for random knick knacks in the foot well. Just curious if that would present a safety hazard if we were to get in an accident or something (any more than a stool would).

ackkilt

Who makes a better seat for the comfort of the driver & passenger? We love the heated seats but as said before my fifes don't touch! & the knob tp move the seat are so slow not a Levor like many other Iam looking for a air ride for the diver Wife need soft & Plush

81duck

Who makes a better seat for the comfort of the driver & passenger? We love the heated seats but as said before my fifes don't touch! & the knob tp move the seat are so slow not a Levor like many other Iam looking for a air ride for the diver Wife need soft & Plush
They aren't cheap (what is these days) but check out http://scheel-mann.com/

They make really nice seats, but keep in mind if you change out front seats you lose some of the safety features like side airbags.

Last edited:

radair603

I made a couple foam blocks from rigid foam covered in carpeting. I used roofing nails to attach the carpet. Mine is 2" thick and hers is 6", I think. Some may feel it's a ghetto hack but they cost basically nothing and are easily replaced with scrap I have lying around if they get nasty. My lady likes hers so much she had me make one for use at her house.

Attachments

hey, I'm good with the ghetto hack thing. Currently I have 3 layers of a Home Depot rubber mat product under the Mercedes floor mat for her. So far so good!

Top Bottom