VIN decoders and Winnebago Revel

Knit

I have tried all the VIN decoders mentioned various posts with the VIN from my 2019 Chassis/2020 Revel. But all say that data is not available. Why?

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I would go try at an MB or Freightliner dealer (the parts desk, perhaps).

and/or send a private message with VIN to member "sailquik" (Roger) ... include a working email address so that he can return the PDF file to you. It's free. His also include the "sub-assembly" sequence numbers.
He pays for a subscription to MB's parts system, which includes datacard access.

--dick

battleborn

maybe because the Revel is kind of a massive "fleet" purchase by Winnebago MB used some sort of special vin number ??

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The records of how/what MB put into a cab/chassis are kind'a integral to the production process ... so the datacard should be available, even for a fleet vehicle (it has been in previous years).
For BIG fleets, they even add custom option codes (like "UPS Brown" and particular side mirror mountings)

--dick

autostaretx

Erratic Member
It seems very hit and miss. My VIN also comes up unavailable on all of the decoders.
Again: try a private message to member sailquik ... include a valid email address so he can send you the PDF file of the result.

Please tell us if he was able to supply it.

--dick

niknas

I could only do a VIN check for the Mercedes chassis. All options and build date were noted. No information on the Winnebago VIN. 2019 Revel on 2018 chassis.

Last edited:

sailquik

Thanks Dick/Autostaretx!
So far I have not had any requests from these poster's here, so if there is data on the Mercedes Benz International
Vehicles Database, through the MBUSA After Sales site, we still do not know.
Come on guys, it's free, it's secure (I have never shared anything revealed on an OEM Build Data Card) and, OBTW it's
just a bunch of Mercedes Benz Codes that describe all the options that were assembled into a particular Sprinter when it
was assembled at the Sprinter factory.
It's all handled by Private Message or direct email so the information is not shared, ever!
Regards,
Roger

Last edited:

sailquik

Boxster1971/Mike;
Just ran that Winnie Revel VIN number in the MB USA After Sales Platform.
Wow, that is one very well optioned Sprinter.... it has just about everything you can get....
Assembled in Dusseldorf and shipped on a K Line Ship probably to Winnebago through the St. Lawrence Seaway to the
Great Lakes somewhere. Be fun to find out where Winnebago has them shipped.
Are you still using EPC-StartekInfo or have you moved to the After Sales Platform?
Regards,
Roger

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
Boxster1971/Mike;
Just ran that Winnie Revel VIN number in the MB USA After Sales Platform.
Wow, that is one very well optioned Sprinter.... it has just about everything you can get....
Assembled in Dusseldorf and shipped on a K Line Ship probably to Winnebago through the St. Lawrence Seaway to the
Great Lakes somewhere. Be fun to find out where Winnebago has them shipped.
Are you still using EPC-StartekInfo or have you moved to the After Sales Platform?
Regards,
Roger
Hi Roger - I've migrated to the After Sales Platform as you have since it was required. Guess I was just stuck on the old EPC term.

I think the Sprinters for Airstream and Winnebago come through the harbor in Baltimore. That was what I was told by a MBUSA VP some years back. There is a large Mercedes VPC (Vehicle Preparation Center) at the Baltimore Harbor that always has a lot of cargo Sprinters with all side window opening covered over by vinyl sheets ready for van conversions

https://www.daimler.com/career/about-us/locations/location-detail-page-329604.html

Knit

Roger was able to provide me the data card for my 2020 Revel on a 2019 Sprinter.

Thanks Roger!

sailquik

Mike,
Got it!
Look up the MB VPC address on maps.google.com
Lots of Sprinters there, and more cab/chassis than I've ever seen in one place.
Seems odd that they would send them by truck or rail to the Midwest when the ships
could off load them much closer in the Great Lakes.
Roger

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
Mike,
Got it!
Look up the MB VPC address on maps.google.com
Lots of Sprinters there, and more cab/chassis than I've ever seen in one place.
Seems odd that they would send them by truck or rail to the Midwest when the ships
could off load them much closer in the Great Lakes.
Roger
True there are places closer - but I'd imagine Daimler didn't want to build another VPC when the one in Baltimore would do the job. Mercedes is a big seller in Mid-Atlantic area - I see them everywhere around me.

Top Bottom