2019 Sprinter Adaptave Cruise Control

Widman

I am readdressing the issue of the cruise control cancelling the speed setting when shifting or lifting off the drivers seat, which has become quite annoying. There is a sensor in the seat that deactivates cruise when insufficient weight is on the seat. I am only 135 lbs and my wife is even lighter. I checked with MB dealer and they say that nothing can be done as it is a safety issue.
Leisure does not have a fix. So I was wondering if anyone has found a cure, via a dealer or disconnecting a wire somewhere.

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
Not sure where that switch is on the Sprinter seat, but I had to do the same with my sub-compact tractor -- when it's cold and the vinyl's stiff, I'm sometimes not heavy enough to squish the seat down and close that switch. (Also 135 lbs.)

I fashioned a by-pass link for it, because if that switch opens, the engine shuts off. Immediately. Not cool.

Perhaps something similar could be done, though I have no idea how the Sprinter's extremely sensitive electronics would react to a ham-handed, old-fashioned fix like that. Note that I only occasionally use that, as the seat switch is a valid safety device.

Attachments

Last edited:

2yrs2go

2019 Unity MB
I am readdressing the issue of the cruise control cancelling the speed setting when shifting or lifting off the drivers seat, which has become quite annoying. There is a sensor in the seat that deactivates cruise when insufficient weight is on the seat. I am only 135 lbs and my wife is even lighter. I checked with MB dealer and they say that nothing can be done as it is a safety issue.
Leisure does not have a fix. So I was wondering if anyone has found a cure, via a dealer or disconnecting a wire somewhere.
As I did when this subject was originally posted, I'm calling BS on MB's calling this a safety issue that they can't fix. The sensor in seat must also be able to relay to the airbags the weight of the driver or passenger to determine the force used when inflating the airbags in the case of an accident. I seriously doubt that there are two separate weight sensors in the seat for the airbags and the cruise control. I would ask your MB dealer, and MB directly if they can guarantee that the airbags would still work correctly at your limited weight - which they are required to do by law. If that doesn't get you some satisfaction file an inquiry with the National Highway safety Administration, that would force MB to address this issue directly.

Busb2

There were several posts about this issue on the Facebook LTV forum, telling about a Mercedes fix for the problem. Reprogramming the MB software controlling the front seats was the solution.

Top Bottom