2020 4x4 Factory Orders

TXWJ

Has anyone heard any updates on the approval of the 2020 diesel engines? My van is sitting in Germany waiting on engine approval before being shipped. My dealer is telling me it has taken until April/May in previous years to get the final engine approval done and get vans released to customers.
That is what MB is telling us. Hopefully it will be sooner, not holding my breath.

geordie

New to the forum too. I have been reading through the forum and really appreciate the knowledge in the posts.

My Selenite Grey 2500 Cargo 4x4 build arrived two weeks ago from CHS... waited awhile myself. Unfortunately it arrived missing $7500 worth of options from the build sheet I signed off on. I mean its so far off, I wondered if it was my Sprinter. All I can do is laugh. Of course, I'm not obliged to accept. Sprinter manager was very accommodating about snafu and traded for one 95% of my build. Now after reading the stories of Sprinters coming out of CHS, I may opt for a 2020 if the traded van is shoddy. Gotta feel sorry for the Sprinter manager though; mine was the first of 9 2019 builds he has been waiting for to be delivered. He is now wondering if the others are going to be geeked as my delivery.

BTW... I was told if I wanted a 2020, expect a July delivery date for a Jan 2020 order.

Appreciate the posts :thumbup:

KD.

I'm also new here - I put in an order for a 2020 170 4x4 in November and was told to expect a delivery in late April - I started to make build-out plans in May based on this but after reading through this post I'm concerned that this might me a little too ambitious on my part.

My MB dealer gave me the following approx timelines:

IP/In Production - Current Status
PNS/Produced Not Shipped - February
OTW/On the Water - March
VPC/Vehicle Prep Center - April
INV/Invoiced - We'll receive it 10 days later

Based on what I see here I'm not feeling like this is a realistic timeline?

TXWJ

They are expecting EPA Certification for Diesels on 2020 for April. So that will be cutting it close.

Agnes16

The key word is 'Expecting', wouldn't plan on it actually arriving at your dealer until some point late in May if not June if it's at all like how MB has been shipping rigs out of Charleston.

johnplyler

2020 4x4
I have my van ordered as well, or so I am told? Wonder if there is any way of really telling if the dealer really put your order in or track it?

VanGoSki

I have my van ordered as well, or so I am told? Wonder if there is any way of really telling if the dealer really put your order in or track it?
When you ordered it, the dealer should have given you a copy of the build sheet showing all your options and a PO#. After it's been produced they can send you an updated order sheet with the VIN. That's where mine is right now.

I too am now told not to expect delivery until May or June. :frown:

sanomechanic

Had a 2020 built and out of production. Then MB Anaheim confirmed it would be delayed until at least May.

So stoked I scored this 12-13-19 production van. The hunt is over. 10 inch screen Audio system sound sucks ass so...Having JL audio makeover tomorrow. Will post update and photos.

Attachments

jjmcclure

2020 HR 144 4x4
Sweet van, and upgrades. Looking forward to hearing about your audio systems. I have a deposit down on a 2020 (same color). Did they throw you a discount?

sanomechanic

Sweet van, and upgrades. Looking forward to hearing about your audio systems. I have a deposit down on a 2020 (same color). Did they throw you a discount?
Yes but had to pay shipping cost so it became a wash.

Audio sounds much better. Can actually hear it. Just got it back so I need to monkey around
with the sound levels. It has a 5 channel JL Audio Amp drive a 10 sub 2- 6 1/2 in doors and 2- 6x9s in rear.:cheers:

Was going to use an Adventure Wagon Interior Kit but....They are 2-3 months "or more" behind delivering their advertised over priced product. So...Between the uber high cost of the kit and more additional delays. I purchased an OEM headliner. Put 8 dimmable LED pucks in.
Installing lashing rails., Made templates to cut out 1/4 birch for building and upholstering my own panels. Will save thousands of $$$$ and have my van ready to play with. This whole delay delay delay crap...I'm way over it.

Last edited:

KD.

When you ordered it, the dealer should have given you a copy of the build sheet showing all your options and a PO#. After it's been produced they can send you an updated order sheet with the VIN. That's where mine is right now.

I too am now told not to expect delivery until May or June. :frown:
When did you put your order in?

sanomechanic

November 14. Projected build date was 2nd week of January in Germany which they met.
The original van I ordered Feb 28 2019..July 30 2019 production...STILL has not made it to the dealer. Glad I found one close enough to my original build. Produced 12/13/19. This van has the LED package too. LOVE IT

lndscpe

November 14. Projected build date was 2nd week of January in Germany which they met.
VanGoSki our orders are very close, I ordered mine Nov 18 and build time was, third decade of January in Germany and now in PNS. It appears we are both waiting for our vehicles which have been produced. :thumbup:

Hopefully the EPA certs will come sooner than later. What surprised me most is my order was built exactly as I requested! That to me was a shock considering all that went on this last year.

VanGoSki

VanGoSki our orders are very close, I ordered mine Nov 18 and build time was, third decade of January in Germany and now in PNS. It appears we are both waiting for our vehicles which have been produced. :thumbup:

Hopefully the EPA certs will come sooner than later. What surprised me most is my order was built exactly as I requested! That to me was a shock considering all that went on this last year.
Ditto, I got everything I requested as well.

You'll probably get yours before I get mine though. I recently discovered that the German cargo vans ship partially dismantled to Charleston for reassembly. :doh:

lndscpe

Ditto, I got everything I requested as well.

You'll probably get yours before I get mine though. I recently discovered that the German cargo vans ship partially dismantled to Charleston for reassembly. :doh:
That may be :thinking:, since Crews and Passenger vans come fully assembled as passenger vehicles. mine is a 4x4 144 Crew which evades the disassembly and “chicken tax” of cargo vans, Regardless, hopefully the wait will end soon as this has taken a crazy long time to get a van!

My journey started early in the 3rd quarter of 2018. I had three other 2019 orders that didn’t even get thru to being built as they kept dropping options so I kept passing on them until I got the van as I desired, I began to think it wasn’t going to happen and relinquished to the idea if this one was pink with polka dots I was going to take :lol: ........... I’m just glad I didn’t have to settle for pink and polka dots :laughing:

Top Bottom