Ghost in the machine

plmbst

Weird problem, whenever I start my 2013 2500 cargo the passenger window rolls down. The passenger side window switch is inop, but the driver side switch works. So I can close it, but it sometimes rolls down again. After a few minutes it stays up. Just started today and I’m on the road. Need to check more closely tonight.

sparkplug

I had something similar but it was the switch on the driver's side which was inop for the passenger window (driver's window button worked fine and passenger side switch for passenger window was fine)

On mine it was simply fixed by replacing the switch for a new one. I think it cost $25 and was not a difficult job to swap out. That must have been more than a year ago and I've not had any issues since.

plmbst

Just dissembled the door panel to get the part # 906 545 19 13, and google says $135.00!
Oy!
I had a deer strike about 6 weeks ago and the right front fender was replaced. Could the wire harness be pinched or chafed?
Peter S

sparkplug

Put the part number into an Amazon or eBay search and you will see lots of aftermarket parts for around $30-$40

I'm all for using genuine parts where it's bearings or moving parts or similar but this is just an on/off switch in a plastic housing.

I don't see the need to add $100 just to have "Mercedes" written on it in this case.

Leaving the switch disconnected should confirm if it's a faulty switch or not though.

Mine was an aftermarket switch, it fitted perfectly and has performed faultlessly for over a year.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Just dissembled the door panel to get the part # 906 545 19 13, and google says $135.00!
Oy!
I had a deer strike about 6 weeks ago and the right front fender was replaced. Could the wire harness be pinched or chafed?
Peter S
Yes! Try easing the rubber boot off the A pillar and look for any signs of damage.

Keith.

plmbst

With switch disconnected the window has not acted up. The driver side switch still functions correctly, so I’m in no hurry to get a replacement; the eBay sites now look promising.
PeterS

Top Bottom