Put your Thinking Caps On!

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
Which circuit/fuse is used for the HEKI Skylight???? (Not the fuse IN the HEKI unit!) :thinking:

2014 WBGO VIew Profile 24G.

I've checked the online WBGO schematics. It is not crystal clear where the HEKI is wired into the fuse box and the description of the box connections doesn't specify the HEKI circuit. :bash:

Thoughts Gentlemen?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
Do you have symptoms - i.e lack of power to the unit, or do you want to remove power to work on it?

If 1), look for the burnt fuse, if 2) pull likely fuses and try to operate the unit.

Old Crows

Do you have symptoms - i.e lack of power to the unit, or do you want to remove power to work on it?

If 1), look for the burnt fuse, if 2) pull likely fuses and try to operate the unit.
Thanks Mike. It's 'stuck' closed thankfully. It may have a sticky limit switch or it's caught between the 'start-stop' for some odd reason. Or, I accidentally touched the switch while turning on an overhead light and it just parked itself in the twilight zone. It worked fine a couple months back but it's winter and no need to open it. I really didn't want to go yanking fuses for fear of letting the wee people, trolls, gremlins fairies, selkies into my electrical system. God knows the mischief that can cause.

All the fuses in the panel look OK on visual inspection. Next step is to check the fuse in the HEKI. But it's freezing temps and possibility of icing today in the Hill Country. No need to try to check this out till it warms up .... a lot!

FYI: I noted in the HEKI manual that they recommend leaving the shade no more than 2/3 closed in direct sunlight. Apparently, if it is closed and has no air circulation it can cause the 'lid' to warp, stick and prematurely age. Sort of make sense if you think about it. Mrs. Crow has to be cautiously trained not to fully close it in the future.... and that's going to take work. Ours is under shelter so direct sun is not a problem unless traveling.

Geriakt

2017 View 24J
I just want to point out i have called Winnebago Industries twice in the past 6 months and both times the folks in the engineering office were very helpful with schematics and helpful diagnosis information if you dont find your answer here.

Alphacarina

2006 Itasca Navion 23H
I really didn't want to go yanking fuses for fear of letting the wee people, trolls, gremlins fairies, selkies into my electrical system. God knows the mischief that can cause.
That reminds me of a story a friend with an old British sports car related to me years ago - Maybe newer German vehicles are similar??

He had a late '70's Spitfire and every single time he started it, the alternator light would come on. He would then pop the bonnet and rap the alternator case twice with a ball peen hammer he carried under the drivers seat, just for that purpose . . . . and the alternator light would go off . . . . every single time!

Why don't you just fix that problem, I asked him once - It would be lots less trouble! "Are you kidding me?" he said. "I have a British car with Lucas electrics (the king of darkness!) and I have only one electrical gremlin . . . . and I know how to live with that one - Do you really think I want to fix that and risk not knowing what to do about what happens next??"

Don't go around angering the gremlins willy nilly is excellent advice!

Don

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
Have you attempted the manual override process to rule out the mechanical aspects?

I have read the same warning, but liking to live dangerously, have not complied.

Old Crows

Have you attempted the manual override process to rule out the mechanical aspects?

I have read the same warning, but liking to live dangerously, have not complied.
Nope! Weather here is not favorable. Waiting for a good day.:cheers:

Top Bottom