iCarSoft MB V2.0 - Discussion Thread

Attachments

Re: Thoughts on this scanner iCarsoft MB V2.0 MBII

I have a 2015 passenger 3.0
This seems like a steal. Anyone have thoughts on it? Thanks
https://www.repairmanuals.co/produc...-dpf-regeneration-tool?variant=20485254021231
It's a good scan tool for Sprinters, but it is Mercedes specific except for access to other brand vehicles basic OBDII.

All you should need to know is in the Scanners section here.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44009

:cheers: vic

So I bought a icarsoft MB V2.0 for my 2015 2500 specifically for my Steering angle sensor. It advertised that it works with 906 sprinters..... it does, but NOT for the SAS. It only supports SAS up to 905.6
Frick
Frick
Frick
post is here just in case you want one for the same reason.:idunno:

Djkingman

Re: icarsoft MB V2.0 NCV3 SAS

So I bought a icarsoft MB V2.0 for my 2015 2500 specifically for my Steering angle sensor. It advertised that it works with 906 sprinters..... it does, but NOT for the SAS. It only supports SAS up to 905.6
Frick
Frick
Frick
post is here just in case you want one for the same reason.:idunno:
Did you find one that works with the 906s (2016)? This also needs a windows computer to apply any updates.

Sinatorj

Which Icarsoft

Good mornin ya'll
Trying to sift through all the info and figure out which Icarsoft to order for my 2017 2500 4x4. There seem to be several versions available on Amazon, not all seem to be supportive of a 2017 NCV3. lil Help? I have a SRS code to diagnose...

billbk

Scanners - iCarSoft MB-v2.0

There seems to be a book's worth of discussion regarding the iCarSoft MB-II scanner (so much my head hurts), but not much regarding the new v2.0.
Does anyone know if this new model has fixed the problems that were inherent in the MB-II version 11.20 (verses version 11.11). From what I've read 11.20 can't read ABS codes and can't data stream for instrument clusters and ABS, but 11.11 could). Has v2.0 fixed this?
I'm trying to determine the best scanner to get for my 2006 T1N 2500.
thanks

billbk

Re: Scanners - iCarSoft MB-v2.0

iCarSoft support got back to me!
Their first response was: "MB V2.0 has better support on old Sprinter".
Then they asked for my vehicle's VIN #.
With that, their response was: "MB V2.0 has fixed the problem".

Last edited:

carter.home

Jim Carter
My MBII scanner locks up when I select anything from the main menu. Tried the restore option but cannot get to the password.

I bought a V2.0 for my 2006 T1N Sprinter. I asked iCarSoft if the MB V2.0 was the same as the MB II and if not what is the difference. They responded that the V2.0 does everything that the MBII does. They did not say what the difference is. Attached is a table I found in the MBII discussion forum that I found helpful. The table can also be found at sprinter-camper.com

Attachments

37 Caddy

I have 2 sprinters,a 2014 2.1 and a 2010 v6, planning to get the 2.0 version,my question is will it work on other makes,i also have a 15 cadillac and a 18 silverado,just want to be able to do a quick scan on them,will it read them too?. harvey

turbo911

I have 2 sprinters,a 2014 2.1 and a 2010 v6, planning to get the 2.0 version,my question is will it work on other makes,i also have a 15 cadillac and a 18 silverado,just want to be able to do a quick scan on them,will it read them too?. harvey
Just obd2 stuff

Top Bottom