2019 4x4 Delay

InspiredVan

Yeah....my 2017 does this too. Annoying but better than cold seats.
better than our last shop rig... we had a 19 Transit Quigley and their heated seats were either on or off and was bloody hot when on. Even by butt@ss cold Wyoming standards we couldn't leave them on too long. Stoked to see our 170 4x Crew here shortly....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Built.Vans

2024 170 AWD
@sanomechanic curious about the final price. Were you able to negotiate down at all? Love the color of your van and it seems we both have similar options. Mine also has the factory headliner and I like it a lot!

sanomechanic

@sanomechanic curious about the final price. Were you able to negotiate down at all? Love the color of your van and it seems we both have similar options. Mine also has the factory headliner and I like it a lot!
They are not budging on the 4x4s. You may find some dealers take a little off but....several greedy dealers are actually selling over over MSRP. Pleasanton in The Bay Area was asking $6000 over MSRP....I laughed and hung up on them. Autonation in South Bay Orange County were asking $5000 over MSRP... I laughed and hung up on them as well.

Michlb

Pleasanton in The Bay Area was asking $6000 over MSRP....

And the sad part is that somebody is paying these prices. Pleasanton had a well equipped one a few weeks back advertised for $75,000 MSRP($10k over!) and it was gone a week later. People in the Bay Area got the money.

Sadly, this is what influenced me the most when I bought my RWD after I talked to Bay Area dealers. I wasn’t ready to pay the additional premium for 4WD for an already expensive vehicle. I should have just waited a bit, and then fly to whatever reasonable dealer had one and drive it home. Oh well, eventually I’ll get mine too.

pdxhiker

The van I ordered in October is now at the dealership in SoCal, does anyone know ball park costs to ship the van from SoCal to Portland, OR.

sanomechanic

Love the Blue Gray color, too bad I couldn't get this color in my build.

PS: Sanomechanic: we are going miss your rant on MB :smirk:
:thumbup: Hey my original order from March still has not been released. Oh well...Not my problem any longer. :tongue:
This blue grey-van is a freshie :rad:

sanomechanic

And the sad part is that somebody is paying these prices. Pleasanton had a well equipped one a few weeks back advertised for $75,000 MSRP($10k over!) and it was gone a week later. People in the Bay Area got the money.

Sadly, this is what influenced me the most when I bought my RWD after I talked to Bay Area dealers. I wasn’t ready to pay the additional premium for 4WD for an already expensive vehicle. I should have just waited a bit, and then fly to whatever reasonable dealer had one and drive it home. Oh well, eventually I’ll get mine too.
There are more and more becoming available now. Check out auto trader every day. Search nation wide. The East Coast dealers will budge a little to assist in shipping cost.

VanGoSki

The van I ordered in October is now at the dealership in SoCal, does anyone know ball park costs to ship the van from SoCal to Portland, OR.
Why ship? It's a 16 hour drive. Fly down and get it. If you can spend extra time, the coast roads would be ideal for breaking it in. Or hire someone to do it. Heck, I'd do it.

sanomechanic

Why ship? It's a 16 hour drive. Fly down and get it. If you can spend extra time, the coast roads would be ideal for breaking it in. Or hire someone to do it. Heck, I'd do it.
True that. Drive Hwy 1 all the way. Perfect road trip and a perfect break in situation. The Mendocino Headlands and Big Sur are epic this time of year.
Hotel rates are very low and plenty rooms open this time of year. I would make a week of it and learn, enjoy all the new gadgets. Hell yea!

Built.Vans

2024 170 AWD
Well. That makes me feel a bit better haha! They did take about $1500 off MSRP with almost no effort. Anyone looking for a great dealer and willing to travel, Bob at Viti MB in RI was awesome to work with and they get 4x4s in quite often.

They are not budging on the 4x4s. You may find some dealers take a little off but....several greedy dealers are actually selling over over MSRP. Pleasanton in The Bay Area was asking $6000 over MSRP....I laughed and hung up on them. Autonation in South Bay Orange County were asking $5000 over MSRP... I laughed and hung up on them as well.

pdxhiker

True that. Drive Hwy 1 all the way. Perfect road trip and a perfect break in situation. The Mendocino Headlands and Big Sur are epic this time of year.
Hotel rates are very low and plenty rooms open this time of year. I would make a week of it and learn, enjoy all the new gadgets. Hell yea!
getting over the Siskiyou and other passes can be challenging without traction tires/device on a new vehicle. I also guess the costs will be more or less the same.

sanomechanic

getting over the Siskiyou and other passes can be challenging without traction tires/device on a new vehicle. I also guess the costs will be more or less the same.
4WD with all season tires should be fine. Don't they plow and de-ice the roads up there?

Would certainly be a great road / break in trip . If you do drive...Stop by and tour Hearst Castle in San Simeon :rad:

pdxhiker

4WD with all season tires should be fine. Don't they plow and de-ice the roads up there?

Would certainly be a great road / break in trip . If you do drive...Stop by and tour Hearst Castle in San Simeon :rad:
dealer quoted $1350 to ship the van. Not too expensive considering the costs involved for a one way air ticket, hotel, fuel and two days of my time.

Top Bottom