One of my Sprinter customers

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
Not much you can do about it, unless you want to open your wallet and keep it going. They should have left them in the wild, and let survival of the fittest do its job, now they will most likely have to put them down. Sad, that man thinks he is smarter than nature.

Not much you can do about it, unless you want to open your wallet and keep it going. They should have left them in the wild, and let survival of the fittest do its job, now they will most likely have to put them down. Sad, that man thinks he is smarter than nature.
:idunno:

Interesting that you are able to come to those conclusions. It would seem odd that a couple so dedicated to the project would throw the animals to the wolves. What I read was that the animals were to be relocated to other facilities, not necessarily euthanized.

I'm not thrilled at some of the stories from farmers that I know regarding the re-population of top tier predators either, but I see no reason to lash out at these people. Survival of the fittest for wolf dog mixes might mean we lose a human child here and there.

:2cents: vic

lindenengineering

Interesting that you are able to come to those conclusions. It would seem odd that a couple so dedicated to the project would throw the animals to the wolves. What I read was that the animals were to be relocated to other facilities, not necessarily euthanized.

I'm not thrilled at some of the stories from farmers that I know regarding the re-population of top tier predators either, but I see no reason to lash out at these people. Survival of the fittest for wolf dog mixes might mean we lose a human child here and there.

Well my comments were when I was introduced to this for non profit organization essentially the same as both of you have written in these threads.
My family have visited the place several times and of course my youngest son (Mr Agriculture and Naturalist) takes a totally different level of enthusiasm to it when he was much younger.

I got a lecture from this 10 year old son of mine about the use and value of wolves in the North American wildernesses.
I suppose the gob smacker was near Yellowstone, where a rancher got a earful from this kid of mine about the value of wolves, land management, the ecological value to the wildlife of North America. The guy was almost silent --except smart kid! Before hopping into his pick up truck.

This of course from a youngster who explained at length one day why American Bison ranchers snip tail hair samples to check the DNA purity of the North American herds.
Bison meat quality consistency as a cash crop Dad !

So its off to the UK in the New Year now he approaching 17 years for a visit to the Royal Ag college in the county of my upbringing and where some of my family have farmed one large spread near Saul in Gloucestershire since the 16th century .

This is the AG college web site and the tuition fees are affordable not sadly like in the USA.
Another son going East !
Dennis

https://www.rau.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses

flman

I once visited a wolf sanctuary in Lititz PA. While it was cool to see the wolves, they did not look like a good captivity animal. Wolves cannot be trained by man. Also we had a 100 year old zoo close down a decade or 2 ago. Zoo keepers were attempting to keep the animals in their basement, others were euthanized, or sold to other facilities. I hope all of those wolves do get located to proper facilities.

So that is the problem with these places, intentions are good, but no one is going to keep the cycle of caring for wild animals going forever. At least a pet can be donated to a good home.

As far as survival of the fittest, I believe in it for all species. The wolves only predator is man.

BTW, is the Sprinter for sale?

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
I once visited a wolf sanctuary in Lititz PA. While it was cool to see the wolves, they did not look like a good captivity animal. Wolves cannot be trained by man. Also we had a 100 year old zoo close down a decade or 2 ago. Zoo keepers were attempting to keep the animals in their basement, others were euthanized, or sold to other facilities. I hope all of those wolves do get located to proper facilities.

So that is the problem with these places, intentions are good, but no one is going to keep the cycle of caring for wild animals going forever. At least a pet can be donated to a good home.

As far as survival of the fittest, I believe in it for all species. The wolves only predator is man.

BTW, is the Sprinter for sale?
Flman, up til I was about 4, my dad lived on that wolf sanctuary in Lititz! I was too young to remember much, other than we were not allowed to play outside without supervision as the wolves had free run of most of the property. We were occasionally allowed to play with some of the wolf pups, and I don’t think I knew that they weren’t just dogs.

Despite these people’s efforts, coyotes have taken the wolf’s place as the apex predator in our region and have started pack hunting and growing larger in size. Nature isn’t what depleted the wolf population, our fore-bearers did, and the ecology of our continent has suffered. In wild areas where wolves have need reintroduced the changes have been amazing!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 50714

Arnold says wild animals belong in the WILD and all zoos should be SHUT DOWN!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

glasseye

flman

It sounds like wolves belong in the wild, to fend for themselves.

Top Bottom