code scanner T1N

bfbradley

I was trying to search for which code scanner would be the best and a couple have been mentioned so I wanted to get a little more clarity. Which one of these would be the better option Autel AP200, MD802, MD808? Is there a better option. I was trying to stay around $300.00 for one if possible but at this time I might spend more if needed. I have a local shop that has been doing work on my 2003 and I have lost faith in there ability and I have spent a lot with them. So I need to start doing my own repairs from here on out unless I can find another shop that's familiar with these vans. Thanks ahead of time for any help

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Re: code scanner

There are "scanners" that can read the codes ...
and "diagnostic tools" that can do the above *and* command sub-systems of the Sprinter to perform maintenance operations
(such as: run the brake fluid pump to bleed the brakes, crank and sense the engine's non-running RPM to perform a "quick check" compression test, run the turbo actuator to any position you wish (5% to 95%), etc etc)

Among the "tools" is the DAD, which was a gray-import of an obsolete CarSoft multiplexor and software that let a laptop perform the tests.
What makes them different from quasi-generic scannners is that they can drive the K-lines that are presented on the other pins of the OBD socket,

Here's the "scanners" sub-forum: https://sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=205

So do you want a "scanner" or a "tool"?
--dick

bfbradley

Re: code scanner

Thanks for the reply. I would defiantly want a tool. The shop that has worked on my van uses a
Xentry lap top and I also see this might be an option. I've worked on my on vehicles for years but mainly using a multi meter so this is a new world of stuff to learn. So just want to make the best choice. I will look through that thread.

Benjamin

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Many members use a "chinese clone C3" version of the Xentry system. (C4 is needed for 2007 and newer Sprinters)

--dick

rv-sprinter

07 Winn View 23J - 06 T1N (NAFTA)
I was trying to search for which code scanner would be the best and a couple have been mentioned so I wanted to get a little more clarity. Which one of these would be the better option Autel AP200, MD802, MD808?
All three of these are scanners only. Just purchased the MD808 Pro off Amazon for $177, so in your price range. Any that are bi-directional will be much more expensive than $300.

Top Bottom