does anyone else's back door squeak?

kingshade

any solutions for that? It's pretty annoying after getting everything else insulated and quiet. It sounds like it comes from the locking mechanism between the two doors.

wwjase

2016 144 4x4 standard roof.

Yes, you're not alone, and my squeak started about 1k miles after new. To date, I've lubricated things, but not resolved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

65RagTop

Mine was super squeaky about a week into owning it... I took some silicone spray lube and squirted it on a rag and went around the rubber weather stripping. That took care of the problem hasn't squeaked since.

kcshoots

VanTripping.com
My rear doors rattle since picking up new. I've figured out that the top adjustment of the rear doors is too far out and needs to be pulled in to tighten up the doors to the body and prevent them from rattling.

I had thought that my side door was squeaking but it turned out to be the passenger seat in my crew van. Used some WD40 at the seats latching points to the floor and the squeaking went away.

Vanzer Pagen

Also check the plastic door panels, mine rattled incessantly. After pulling them off for insulating,I added a thin bead of silicone seal to the edge. Quited things up right away. Also boesheild T9 to all the working bits.
Like the idea of talc to the weatherstrip. muchos gracias Seber.

Edon

I put some grease on the sliding surfaces of the rear hinges, just look where bare metal is showing! That immediately fixed my squeaking

OffroadHamster

I had a horrendous squeak. I thought for sure it was the slider for a couple thousand miles while I tried everything to quiet it.

My really loud squeak turned out to be a spot weld on the passenger side B pillar. I applied some JB weld inside, some dynamat type material and some thinsulate and its disappeared. 10K miles later I got the same noise in my driver side B pillar. Have yet to tackle it.

Top Bottom