error code 2015 - definition Discrepancy

AlexZan

I am getting error p2015 on my generic odb2, my mechanic got this error also. Both my mechanic and my odb2 app give the same definition:

"intake manifold runner position sensor..."

but after doing some searching online, I got the sense that 2015 might be something else for sprinter.

So I went to the dodge shop (mine is a 2007 dodge sprinter) and they told me it means fuel rail pressure sensor signal..

Which is the correct definition?

Also how would i go about checking the fuel rail pressure sensor?

Thank you!

lindenengineering

I am getting error p2015 on my generic odb2, my mechanic got this error also. Both my mechanic and my odb2 app give the same definition:

"intake manifold runner position sensor..."

but after doing some searching online, I got the sense that 2015 might be something else for sprinter.

So I went to the dodge shop (mine is a 2007 dodge sprinter) and they told me it means fuel rail pressure sensor signal..

Which is the correct definition?

Also how would i go about checking the fuel rail pressure sensor?

Thank you!
You need better informed mechanics who subscribe to a workshop info system.
P2015 (if its the correct code) indicates the rail pressuer signal is low.

A decent scanner in live data will confirm that.
Dennis

Last edited:

AlexZan

Hey all, how can i determine if its the left or right sensor? I just started taking apart my left fuel rail to get to the sensor without really thinking about it and it occurred to me it could be the right. Also is there a way to take out the sensor without taking out the rail? I would rather not mess with such an expensive part.

Thanks!

manwithgun

Unknown member
Hey all, how can i determine if its the left or right sensor? I would rather not mess with such an expensive part.

Thanks!
There is only one rail pressure sensor and it is on the passenger side rail near the firewall (B4/6 in the diagram above). On the front of the drivers side rail is the pressure regulator valve. If you do not want to just throw "expensive part" at the problem, it is best to check wiring and terminal connections to and from these sensors. Also mentioned above, the pin connections at both the ECM and sensor are known to cause problems. Poor/intermittent continuity will cause both high and low pressure faults. Replacement pins are $5 and wire harnesses and rails w/sensor are +$900 per item. NCV3 rail pressure sensor and regulator are meant to be replaced as a complete rail. With enough effort and research, you may be able to change just the sensor, but I've never done it...

AlexZan

I checked the supply voltage to the pressure sensor by disconnecting the sensor harness and checking it with a multimeter, its ~4.9 volts, so seems good.

I then cleared the DTCs, and checked again with the pressure sensor disconnected still, and I was given sensor high voltage error. The service manual at this point says to replace the sensor. Should i start with replacing the o-ring first? I am guessing this o ring is between the sensor and the fuel rail?

AlexZan

I tested this again because I wasnt sure with the error, but its not high voltage, it is p0193 fuel rail pressure sensor A circute high. I assumed this was high voltage but thought I would clarify in case its something else.

I am not sure what to do next. If I should test the sensor itself. I guess I will have to take the fuel rail off in either case right? Because if its a faulty sensor, I have to remove the fuel rail. If its a faulty o ring, same thing.

No point dismounting the ECM in order to check the sensor resistance through its ECM cable pins since I would have to take it apart in any case right? Ill wait a few days for a reply before taking apart the fuel rail. Advanced thanks!

Last edited:

Top Bottom