2019 4x4 Delay

jphrum

I was told in August we had an estimate ready date of 10/6. Now they’re saying 11/30. Unbelievable!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sanomechanic

I thought you bailed?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I'm looking for a replacement but dealer has kept my name on it until either it arrives or I find one to buy close to what i want.
Looked at and put hands on a a 2020 Revel today. Nice rig but way too cramped. With all the stuff Winni stuffed under it the ground clearance is reduced to about the same as a stock RWD. That Euro bed is nice but takes up far too much room. Not removable. The bathroom/shower takes up too much space. High quality build though if your down with that loss of space. Don't see that rig doing very well in serious off road conditions. They have re-positioned the exhaust pipe in front of right rear wheel and hangs very low. Can only imagine how bad it will get hung up in stuff bending it into rear tire. Not very well thought out. Plus NO HEATED SEATS...Party foul

Last edited:

wquek

Work in progress
The Revel is designed to be an RV not an overlanding vehicle. If you want to beef it up, give the folks at Van Compass or Agile a call and they can help with the ground clearance and other upgrades. VC fit 35s on a Revel recently.

JIB

What I have heard twice in the past few weeks is that they screwed up the delivery system, complete vans are just sitting in SC. and are starting to ship whatever they can, however they can. We will have to wait and see what everyone here posts to know for sure.

sanomechanic

What I have heard twice in the past few weeks is that they screwed up the delivery system, complete vans are just sitting in SC. and are starting to ship whatever they can, however they can. We will have to wait and see what everyone here posts to know for sure.
There are hundreds of vans sitting that did not pass quality control, have missing parts, have no parts available do to shortage, have various degrees of assembly line damage including paint issues. Basically they are on the back burner while vans that are completed and pass quality control are shipped out.
Got this info from a District Manager from the South East Region. Where the assembly plant is located.

sanomechanic

The Revel is designed to be an RV not an overlanding vehicle. If you want to beef it up, give the folks at Van Compass or Agile a call and they can help with the ground clearance and other upgrades. VC fit 35s on a Revel recently.
Altering the van defeats the purpose of having a properly engineered van. Thats the whole point of buying the MB product. All that aftermarket crap does not hold up, creates squeaks, creaks, poor handling and other suspension related issues. Not to mention effect the Vehicle Skid Control, Anti lock Brakes, Cross Wind assist by changing the calculations.

jphrum

There are hundreds of vans sitting that did not pass quality control, have missing parts, have no parts available do to shortage, have various degrees of assembly line damage including paint issues. Basically they are on the back burner while vans that are completed and pass quality control are shipped out.
Got this info from a District Manager from the South East Region. Where the assembly plant is located.

What I’m annoyed about is they told us in August we’d be ready for release 10/6, now saying 11/30, and what’s to say when that date rolls around it won’t be pushed back again? Seems like these dates are meaningless. Is there any rhyme or reason? Should we bail on our fully loaded build and go after one of these ones that are out in the wild but lacking some key features for us?

sanomechanic

What I’m annoyed about is they told us in August we’d be ready for release 10/6, now saying 11/30, and what’s to say when that date rolls around it won’t be pushed back again? Seems like these dates are meaningless. Is there any rhyme or reason? Should we bail on our fully loaded build and go after one of these ones that are out in the wild but lacking some key features for us?

There are some crew and passenger vans showing up at dealers built in Germany. That may be the wiser choice given all the issues of US builds

JIB

I was told by my dealer, one of the larger Sprinter dealers on the west coast, that they were shipping as fast as possible now, but there was no way to know when mine will be shipped until they tag it to go. When they did, he thought it might be a two week trip by truck. He indicated they are trying to clear out the large parking lot full of vans before the end of the year.

Jack

jphrum

I was told by my dealer, one of the larger Sprinter dealers on the west coast, that they were shipping as fast as possible now, but there was no way to know when mine will be shipped until they tag it to go. When they did, he thought it might be a two week trip by truck. He indicated they are trying to clear out the large parking lot full of vans before the end of the year.

Jack

Ahhh, a glimmer of hope. My guy did also say when it ships it should be by truck so 10 business days to CA.

The features are worth it. Just wait it out. I was one of the first ones on the list and did not receive my van until September. I had a year to think about it and I went back and forth on buying a 2018 as I had already a spot with my outfitter awaiting me as soon as I got a van. I am glad I waited.

Mr Makai

The features are worth it. Just wait it out. I was one of the first ones on the list and did not receive my van until September. I had a year to think about it and I went back and forth on buying a 2018 as I had already a spot with my outfitter awaiting me as soon as I got a van. I am glad I waited.
It's super annoying.

There is no real alternative.

You will likely regret not waiting.

Have a beer.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Flagster

Who's the a hole in Tucson buying all the 4x4s haha...went in to order and the sprinter sales guy told me all future allocations are built buy one guy buying them all...he is waiting for 2020 slots

VanGoSki

My van originally ordered several months ago was due to be built second decade of Sept. A few weeks ago, I checked on it and the dealer said it had been moved to the second decade in Oct. I checked yesterday, and now they're saying 3rd decade of October. So the delays are getting shorter, maybe that's a good sign. :hmmm:

Top Bottom