Name My Van! This will be interesting.

On a previous thread Wrinklepants (thanks!) stated "Give the van a name, give it a personality, and let the experiences begin." Well, now I have the van in for upfit.

I like that idea so I thought I'd seek a few recommendations just for fun. I do have a couple I'm keeping to myself as I plan on getting a personalized plate but I'm also open for something better. Lots of good ones are long since taken but let the creativity commence!

Rules, policy, procedure and protocols::professor:

1. Max seven characters
2. No profanity:censored:
3. Numbers and letters only
4. Regular forum rules apply
5. Don't be hatin'

Have fun/pun with it - Let's see whatcha got! Thanks!:thumbup:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Well, if it's a state only requiring a rear license plate, you could have
ANTICI
on the front,
and
PATION
on the rear... :whistle:

--dick

autostaretx

Erratic Member
If it's a 4x4, how's about UPSIDWN

--dick
p.s. we really need more details for creative naming: length, color, cargo/passenger, etc?

Sctn

2019 170 4x4 Crew-SMB West
Have fun/pun with it - Let's see whatcha got! Thanks!:thumbup:[/QUOTE]

Right on dude. Your Rad.:thumbup:

Davydd

Every Advanced RV (ARV) is given a name provided by the owner and is tracked that way while under construction. Mine was Alvar, for a famous 20th Century architect from Finland, Alvar Aalto. What immediately struck me was the curvature of the cabinets was reminiscent of his Scandinavian designs.

My new camper van under my custom design and their construction expertise by ARV is a short Sprinter I dubbed Mies another 20th Century architect from Chicago via Germany for his famous slogan "Less is more." I've attempted a design to get most everything into a short Sprinter 19'-5" long as my current Sprinter 24'-1" long. It's a challenge in having a kitchen area nearly the same as Alvar, a bigger bathroom and inside storage for two bicycles or equivalent storage space. Those are real names, not conjecture. BTW, I come to those names because I am an architect.

wquek

Work in progress
Every Advanced RV (ARV) is given a name provided by the owner and is tracked that way while under construction. Mine was Alvar, for a famous 20th Century architect from Finland, Alvar Aalto. What immediately struck me was the curvature of the cabinets was reminiscent of his Scandinavian designs.

My new camper van under my custom design and their construction expertise by ARV is a short Sprinter I dubbed Mies another 20th Century architect from Chicago via Germany for his famous slogan "Less is more." I've attempted a design to get most everything into a short Sprinter 19'-5" long as my current Sprinter 24'-1" long. It's a challenge in having a kitchen area nearly the same as Alvar, a bigger bathroom and inside storage for two bicycles or equivalent storage space. Those are real names, not conjecture. BTW, I come to those names because I am an architect.

Maybe your next van can be Eero!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

autostaretx

Erratic Member
A variation on a theme:
MONE PIT
or DOLGONE

--dick
p.s. back in Ye Olden Daze (before the phone companies realized they could charge for the "service"), whenever i moved to a new phone exchange area (days of only landlines).
I'd create a computer-generated list of all 9999 possible words using the exchange as the first three letters (and even that gave 27 permutations).
Then i'd ask the nice person at the phone company's business office if my favorite choices from that list were free. The concept of my plan usually intrigued the staff person enough that they'd be willing to check out quite a few (hint: always try to engage a helper's interest).
Over 4 moves I managed to snag both LAB MATH and NUCLEAR (and a friend claimed Nuclear after i left that exchange). My attempt for JAGUAR was foiled by it already being in use.

glasseye

Names should appear automatically. Forced names don't count.

Unless your wife helps, in which case you get "Frito". :idunno:

Or Sprintersnale, who named my new ebike "Cheeto". :cheers:

Top Bottom