Intermittent Heater blower / wipers

lukeyt123

Heater blower had been intermittent sometimes working fine on all settings and sometimes not at all. Realised the other day that when the heater blower wasn’t working my wipers on the intermittent setting weren’t working and sure enough started working again when the blowers came back to life. But the next time blowers stopped working the wipers carried on fine. Any ideas?

Heater blower had been intermittent sometimes working fine on all settings and sometimes not at all. Realised the other day that when the heater blower wasn’t working my wipers on the intermittent setting weren’t working and sure enough started working again when the blowers came back to life. But the next time blowers stopped working the wipers carried on fine. Any ideas?
Coincidental?

I'd use the schematics to see if there is any common feed/ground points though.

:cheers: vic

hepcat

Just an old guy...
An intermittent heater blower is sometimes an indication that it's about to seize, especially if it works for a while after hitting a jarring bump, and then stops again a short time later. That would not, however, have any impact on the wipers. As they're fused separately, they probably don't have a common feed, but as Vic suggests above, I suppose it's possible for them to have a common, and loose ground?

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi

kite

My intermittent wipers don't work sometimes. I recall this could be a symptom of an issue in the steering column fuse block (intermittent connections in the board/solder joints? I think there's a post about this but I can't find it).
Last winter I left the cover off this fuse block and wiggled the relays when the wipers didn't work. This did seem to get them working...

Top Bottom