New member with new van

royce

Did a little rat killing today,while waiting on shower and countertop fabrication to get here.

Epoxied a couple plugs in the stock floor mounting holes and also cleaned up the wiring that runs through the upper cabinets with some split loom.

I had originally thought I would make aluminum covers, but this split loom was quick and cheap.
I don't care for the split loom, now that it is in and will probably form some aluminum covers at some point.

Looks like I won't see the countertop and shower fabrication till next week.

Royce

Attachments

royce

Got the table tops, drawer fronts and cabinet doors sanded and the first coat of varnish on one side today.

Royce

Attachments

sassyinpink

Yes, carbon fiber.
I used the word varnish loosely, it is actually clear urethane to protect the epoxy from UV exposure and give a final finish.

Royce
that will protect from the weathers? usually how long does a new fresh coat is needed to protect the van again?

royce

that will protect from the weathers? usually how long does a new fresh coat is needed to protect the van again?
The epoxy protects from weather, the clear coat protects the epoxy from UV damage.
On the inside of the van where these cabinets are located, the clear coat should last for many moons.

sassyinpink

The epoxy protects from weather, the clear coat protects the epoxy from UV damage.
On the inside of the van where these cabinets are located, the clear coat should last for many moons.
oh icic. thanks thanks for sharing. trying to learn more on maintenance and repairs

royce

Got the upper cabinet doors hung for the last time and the strike plates whittled to final fit.
Looks pretty good with the satin finish, even with the warts, pimples, skeeters and dust.

Royce

Attachments

royce

Picked up the shower pan fabrication today.
It is a two piece design with one piece being permanently bolted to the floor with the drain.
The domestic water tank will nest in the rear portion of it

Royce

Attachments

royce

When not in use the second piece will stowaway in the first.
There will also be a three sided surround that I hope to pick up tomorrow.

Royce

Attachments

SD26

2012 NCV3 3500
Nice! Working off a similar idea with different materials. Looks great!

I think you've given me a new idea though too. Thanks!

royce

Picked up the shower enclosure today and set in place.
Looks like it will work well mounting the domestic water tank behind it and will have quite a bit of storage over it.
Sorry for the crooked pic
Royce

Attachments

royce

Picked up the domestic water tank today, got started insulating it and getting it mounted.
This will allow me to finish the last bit of plumbing.

Royce

Attachments

royce

Picked up the countertops this morning.
Need to glue the plywood to the stainless, radius the back splash corners, dress the welds and they will be ready to fasten down.
While these are probably lighter than butcher block, they are not light by any stretch.

All this stainless steel has me really thinking about how much this van is going to weigh.
Can't hardly wait to get it to the scales.

Royce

Attachments

Top Bottom