Convenience Modifications to Unity

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
Yes you need to go to a tire shop that is very familiar with large tires, not only for the stem install but to then get them balanced correctly. I took my rig to Mercedes who subbed out the job to Fleetcare Commercial Trucks now Mattew Motors. Others have used Les Schwab, Costco, etc. Just make sure whomever you take it to really has experience with large truck tires and you should be happy with the install.

geds

2018 Serenity
Ok, got the Borg dually valves and stabilizers installed on the rear and tire pressure sensors reinstalled all the way around. The Borg stabilizers gave the mechanics a tough time to get everything lined up properly. You definitely need to go to an experienced truck tire shop!

We are ready for the road! Thanks again everyone for the sage advice!

Serenity4me

The struts & 10mm ball stud & bracket mount I bought at http://www.ebay.com/usr/strut-your-stuff-here?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754. the struts are 15 inch 30 lbs.for all cabinets except the 2 small rear(on a murphy bed) & those are 12 in , 30 lb. the brackets are attached to the cabinet using 3 inch shelf brackets from Ace hardware. I cut one end off & used bolts to attach to the cabinet. I used rivets to attach the strut bracket to the shelf brackets, but their is enough room to use flat head machine screws. the trick is to mount http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-...te-10mm-NEW-/371302141271?hash=item5673550d57 this plate as high as it will go but not bind on the cabinet seal, to low & the strut bottoms out & the cabinet won't close. test using 2 sided tape to find the right height. You only need the 10 mm ball for the generator, all the rest I used what came with the rv, just re drilled the hole at the bottom. I think this was my 3rd try & finally I found something that works. this is the rear cabinet. I will post another picture on the next post.
The bracket link is no longer valid, I am currently in search of. Did you try a single bracket mount and have problems, or did you just decide to go all out from beginning with the double plate mount? Thanks for sharing.

SSTraveler

Our kitchen faucet started leaking so I finally got around to replacing it. I got a very nice Peerless faucet on close out at Lowe's. It looks similar to the design Leisure used on newer models than my 2014 but it has the pull out sprayer. We can now get tall things under it to fill or wash easier.

Attachments

Last edited:

cdcorpe

2014 Murphy Bed
The bracket link is no longer valid, I am currently in search of. Did you try a single bracket mount and have problems, or did you just decide to go all out from beginning with the double plate mount? Thanks for sharing.
Now I understand the question,after going out I looking at something I did 4 years ago. Yes 1 bracket would probably work, if not you could add the 2nd bracket.

SSTraveler

I just got this Silicone mat, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079MFML7R/ref=twister_B079M849M4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1, to protect my cooktop. It fits great and it is supple and flexible so it looks more seamless on the countertop. It's slightly thicker than a penny and can resist temperatures up to 450°F. So when I'm cooking I can slide it over the extension to protect that is I set down a hot pan on it. Sometimes things fall out of the cupboards above and I don't want to risk damage to my new induction cooktop. It should work equally well for the glass propane cooktop.

Attachments

ronjohn

2019 Unity MB
2019 MB upgrade.

I still need to finish the trim and make a couple of adjustment.

I had a new mattress built with the "fold" about 4" closer to the top making the folded mattress about 4" shorter. The fold in the wooden bed base has 10 card table type hinges similar to the ones LTV use on the twin bed table. Prior to cutting the bed base I tested the hinges and found that 6 or 8 should be adequate. "How much would LTV charge for a new bed base?" was going through my mind as I made the cut!

Not my original thought. I give credit to aarpskier who installed the porthole windows. It got me thinking that it is a shame to not get light from the window when the bed isn't down.

Attachments

Catherine

Thank you, thank you, thank you ronjohn ,for the directions on this modification. I recently thought of the same type of solution, but did not know how to accomplish this! Hope LTV sees your post. You are a genius in my book......

Last edited:

Catherine

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the directions on this modification. I recently thought of the same type of solution, but did not know how to accomplish this! Hope LTV sees your post. You are a genius in my book:lol:

Meeks

2019 MB upgrade.

I still need to finish the trim and make a couple of adjustment.

I had a new mattress built with the "fold" about 4" closer to the top making the folded mattress about 4" shorter. The fold in the wooden bed base has 10 card table type hinges similar to the ones LTV use on the twin bed table. Prior to cutting the bed base I tested the hinges and found that 6 or 8 should be adequate. "How much would LTV charge for a new bed base?" was going through my mind as I made the cut!

Not my original thought. I give credit to aarpskier who installed the porthole windows. It got me thinking that it is a shame to not get light from the window when the bed isn't down.

I’ve been wondering about a modification like this for our on-order Unity FX. Thanks so much for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tannys

2016 Unity TB Portland OR
I just got this Silicone mat, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079MFML7R/ref=twister_B079M849M4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1, to protect my cooktop. It fits great and it is supple and flexible so it looks more seamless on the countertop. It's slightly thicker than a penny and can resist temperatures up to 450°F. So when I'm cooking I can slide it over the extension to protect that is I set down a hot pan on it. Sometimes things fall out of the cupboards above and I don't want to risk damage to my new induction cooktop. It should work equally well for the glass propane cooktop.
SSTraveler, Thanks for giving me this practical idea. I purchased a gray mat and it is a perfect fit. I really like how this mat protects the stovetop and expands the area for food preparation. Looks good, too. You should get a commission on my Amazon purchase! :thumbup:

Attachments

Suza

My solution for things falling out of the overhead cupboards (the first time they are opened after being on the road) is to stuff a pillow in before closing the door. We have two small lumbar throw pillows we use for this and to make the TB dinette seats a bit more comfortable when not being used to hold cargo in place. Most all of our gear has more than one purpose :thumbup:

CB1945

My solution for things falling out of the overhead cupboards (the first time they are opened after being on the road) is to stuff a pillow in before closing the door. We have two small lumbar throw pillows we use for this and to make the TB dinette seats a bit more comfortable when not being used to hold cargo in place. Most all of our gear has more than one purpose :thumbup:
After owning various RV's and dealing with stuff falling out of cabinets, my solution has been, first on my To Do List, is to line all drawers and cabinets with a soft liner material. Then I use those little plastic bins that are fairly inexpensive and come in various sizes to contain everything in these bins.
Not only does it prevent stuff from falling out but it also makes accessing the stuff much easier without having to drag everything out to get at one article. Also keeps stuff from rattling around and creating road noise.....
My moto, "A place for everything, and everything in its place". Sometimes drives others crazy...

Suza

After owning various RV's and dealing with stuff falling out of cabinets, my solution has been, first on my To Do List, is to line all drawers and cabinets with a soft liner material. Then I use those little plastic bins that are fairly inexpensive and come in various sizes to contain everything in these bins.
Not only does it prevent stuff from falling out but it also makes accessing the stuff much easier without having to drag everything out to get at one article. Also keeps stuff from rattling around and creating road noise.....
My moto, "A place for everything, and everything in its place". Sometimes drives others crazy...
In addition to "a place for everything . . . . . " I always stow things right away so clutter does not get out of hand.
:thumbup:

SSTraveler

Where do you put your shoes? I made this modification so we had a place for our shoes. I didn't create any new holes when attaching it to the sliding bathroom door. I used the existing items that were screwed into the wall to serve the dual purpose of securing the shoe holder to the door. I bought the pocket over door shoe organizer at HD on clearance, but I'm sure you can get something similar on Amazon. The design/sewing of the shoe organizer is such that you can cut some of the canvas/nylon pockets out without causing and material unraveling. I sealed places that I thought might unravel with hot glue. I bent the hanging hooks so the could be attached to an over towel rack I already had up. Now we have lots of places to hold shoes and other stuff and still be able to use the mirror.

Attachments

JHMooney

2018 Unity MB
:laughing:Where to put shoes? In the shoe compartment under the front closet in our UMB. Of course we only take 2-3 pairs each.

waynelentz

Was on the forum today and saw the modification on the compartment door. Did you do it to all the doors? Where did you get the parts? I tried to get some from Leisure but they said theirs would not fit my 2014 MB.If you could give me the info I would appreciate it.
Wayne Lentz

Top Bottom