ALL-CAPS FOR THREAD TITLES, GOOD OR BAD ETIQUETTE?

Is the use of ALL-CAPS in a thread title good or bad etiquette

• Total voters

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
As the title implies....

Is the use of ALL-CAPS in a thread title good or bad etiquette?

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
:lol::lol: I’m going to say that it depends on the severity of the situation or desperation involved.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
It's been demonstrated many times that ALL CAPS are (a) harder to read (b) slower to read (c) easier to misunderstand.

If you're trying to scan the topics for "interesting" threads, all caps will slow you down.

BAD IDEA.

--dick

HighPockets

The reason all caps is hard to read is that in caps and lower case (I can also tell you why it is called that) the ascenders (b,d, f, h, i, j, k, l, t) and descenders (g, j, p, q, and y) help form word images that can be speed read. All caps just gives you blocks of type that have to be examined closer. I don't mind a short title being in all caps but text should never be all caps. I do agree with Dick that since thread titles are usually a synopsis of the content (my edit) it is better for them to be c & l c.

Gene

D

Deleted member 50714

It's been demonstrated many times that ALL CAPS are (a) harder to read (b) slower to read (c) easier to misunderstand.

If you're trying to scan the topics for "interesting" threads, all caps will slow you down.

BAD IDEA.

--dick
Well shamwow, I wish the OP would stop using all caps.

D

Deleted member 50714

Over 89,000 members and one schmuck is worried about using capitals. Pretty good indication he never got laid.

Attachments

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
I think the OP needs to get back on his meds. Or how about a ban on stupid memes, that would put an end to his entire existence.

I get confused by the use of caps in the beginning and end of a username.

Signed: FlmaN

John E

All capital letters means you are screaming, that is never a positive experience, in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 50714

All capital letters means you are screaming, that is never a positive experience, in my opinion.
Why screaming and not shouting or yelling? Both expressions associated with speech that shall not be infringed.

HighPockets

I really only object to all caps when it is used for the whole post, letter or whatever. If your paragraph is all c&lc you can emphasize with the use of caps. For instance, if you are writing to your child you might want to use caps for WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GROW UP?

Gene

Top Bottom