What Diesel Mileage does your VS30 get?

What Mileage does your VS30 get, at what speed?

• Under 13 MPG @ 75+ MPH

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Under 13 MPG @ 61-74 MPH

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Under 13 MPG @ <61 MPH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13-16 MPG @ 75+ MPH

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • 13-16 MPG @ 61-74 MPH

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • 13-16 MPG @ <61 MPH

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 17-19 MPG @ 75+ MPH

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • 17-19 MPG @ 61-74 MPH

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • 17-19 MPG @ <61 MPH

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • 20-22 MPG @ 75+ MPH

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • 20-22 MPG @ 61-74 MPH

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • 20-22 MPG @ <61 MPH

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • 23-26 MPG @ 75+ MPH

• 23-26 MPG @ 61-74 MPH

• 23-26 MPG @ <61 MPH

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters

Davydd

Mileage varies based on model, load, fuel, terrain, weather, driving habits and road conditions. Over time I get a wide range of about 16 to 20 on individual fills and an overall average of close to 18 mpg with my 2015 3500 dually 170 WB extended RV that was upfitted to 9,400 lbs. My new RV will be a 2019 2500 144 WB upfitted at 7,400 lbs. At 2,000 lbs. lighter and assumed better transmission I think I will easily exceed that. I don’t know if I will approach my 2005 T1N performance of 22 mpg. It would sure be nice.

sanomechanic

To get an actual MPG analysis. Fill up...set trip meter....drive til almost empty. Fill up again...divide miles by gallons . Do this process 3 more times and then average the 3 . That will give a fairly accurate MPG assessment. Trying to use the on board computer does not work accurately. Past experience shows using the vans MPG counter was off by 3-4 MPG

Coast2Coast

2006 158 Cargo
To get an actual MPG analysis. Fill up...set trip meter....drive til almost empty. Fill up again...divide miles by gallons . Do this process 3 more times and then average the 3 . That will give a fairly accurate MPG assessment. Trying to use the on board computer does not work accurately. Past experience shows using the vans MPG counter was off by 3-4 MPG

Exactly we need to find some one who runs predominately highway miles and see what the real numbers are with the cruise on at 70 and @75 mph. :bounce:

Notfamous

Exactly we need to find some one who runs predominately highway miles and see what the real numbers are with the cruise on at 70 and @75 mph. :bounce:
I will be doing a trip June 3rd with exactly 980lbs in the vehicle (assuming I don't gain or lose weight). All interstate. Can let you know then.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

rishi44

Hey guys, recently picked up a passenger 144 with the diesel 6 cylinder. Unfortunately, I am only getting 14.3mpg, any way to increase the mpg?

red_johnny

You should re calculate. The older 5 speed auto versions beat that.
I agree. It should be much higher. Are you fully loaded with passengers? Taking off slowly or fast? Going up hill a lot? Idle a lot with the AC on (this really affects our MPG). Lots of things to consider.

rishi44

I agree. It should be much higher. Are you fully loaded with passengers? Taking off slowly or fast? Going up hill a lot? Idle a lot with the AC on (this really affects our MPG). Lots of things to consider.
Actually just with a few tool boxes, mostly empty. Taking off normal speed and no hills. Have not done too much idle with AC on. Will do a manual calculation and check. Maybe the trip computer is not accurate on the van.

sanomechanic

Actually just with a few tool boxes, mostly empty. Taking off normal speed and no hills. Have not done too much idle with AC on. Will do a manual calculation and check. Maybe the trip computer is not accurate on the van.
The most accurate way to calculate fuel consumption is:

Reset trip meter and Fill up.... Drive till 1/8 tank....Fill up again then divide miles by gallons...repeat 3 times and get average of the 3 results. That's as close as you will get to real time fuel mileage.

Provided you do not alter normal driving conditions during test:professor:

My 2016 Crew RWD was consistently getting around 17. I did the math after almost every fill up for 2 years. worst was 15.6 best was 20.9 coming back from Mammoth Mountain...All downwind and going from 7000 ft to sea level....395 miles

These new vans should be getting close to 19 consistently with the 2 over drive gears

Last edited:

Enginenumber

Hi there Guys,
this is my first post

I have the 2019 AWD MWB 3 Litre v6 7 sp auto high roof.

5000km so far, average according to computer is 12 km/ 100km General driving around city few trips on highway at 100kmh.

Not to sure how accurate that all is , considering the motor does an exhaust burn every now and then , which burns heaps of fuel when driving or at idle. So much for carbon footprint and environment! Not sure what that's all about.

Anyway the van will do better fuel economy on the open road , no problem.
Hope this helps.

Regards,

Enginenumber

sanomechanic

Hi there Guys,
this is my first post

I have the 2019 AWD MWB 3 Litre v6 7 sp auto high roof.

5000km so far, average according to computer is 12 km/ 100km General driving around city few trips on highway at 100kmh.

Not to sure how accurate that all is , considering the motor does an exhaust burn every now and then , which burns heaps of fuel when driving or at idle. So much for carbon footprint and environment! Not sure what that's all about.

Anyway the van will do better fuel economy on the open road , no problem.
Hope this helps.

Regards,

Enginenumber
The on board computer is never accurate! It is only estimated. Only true method is by my previous post.

dynaco1

2019 6-cyl diesel with 7-speed. Drove an average of 70 mph over 1200 miles, recently. Passed quite a few times up to 85 mph. Mountains and flats. Averaged 18.6-19.6 mpg after fill-ups. Empty 170 cargo van.

sanomechanic

2019 6-cyl diesel with 7-speed. Drove an average of 70 mph over 1200 miles, recently. Passed quite a few times up to 85 mph. Mountains and flats. Averaged 18.6-19.6 mpg after fill-ups. Empty 170 cargo van.
That sounds right where I thought it should be . about a 2 MPG improvement from older 5 speed version

Just finished a 1000+ mile round trip of CA. 144 low roof with oversized tires which aren't helping. Went up and town a couple of mountains including tahoe. Ended the trip north of 19.5 mpg. I can't put my finger on an exact number but I feel like i'm paying 2-4 mpg in the 17" wheels and oversized KO2s. I can hear the resistance.

Top Bottom