2019 4x4 Delay

Mr Makai

Please share your genius and explain all of the manufacturing complexities between producing a white Sprinter and a Silver Grey Sprinter

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
My guess is that the new American paint supplier failed to meet the Mercedes specifications for this particular color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kfo

So has anyone received a VIN or their physical 2019 van in Stone Grey? Is this color recently discontinued, or did some production slots get through with the color?

BigDC

There’s a Stone Gray Revel that I’ve seen driving around Boulder, CO a couple times. They made at least one.

skivo

4x4 170WB Delivered to the dealer yesterday 16th of July. Signed my life away today and hopefully it will be delivered in couple of days to me. :rad:

sanomechanic

Same American supplier?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The color palette was produced in Germany long before Charleston came online so I would suspect the answer would be "no" not an American Supplier. I do know that certain colors " Silver Grey" and a few others were not released until the final years of the last body style for whatever reasons.
Like I mentioned in a previous post. After working for Lexus and Toyota for over 20 years. Many colors are offered on a body style, however they are not all released out of the gate. Basic colors are offered upon release and later more color schemes, more trick options ect are released. I would imagine MB Sprinter's are not any different. Last body style backs this up. The trick colors were released the last 2-3 years of production.:thumbup:

sulkorp

BTW anyone in the GTA, I noticed that a LWB 4x4 in white just showed up at Burlington MB.

It is the first one I have seen in person here in the Toronto area.

Mr Makai

Offering new options mid gen is a very common tactic for maintaining interest in an existing model.

That is not what happened.

The colors were offered.
Orders were place.
Production dates were set.
MB cancelled at the last minute.

Not aware of any marketing strategy based on pissing off paying customers.

It's pretty obvious to anyone not on the payroll MB blew it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

JIB

So has anyone received a VIN or their physical 2019 van in Stone Grey? Is this color recently discontinued, or did some production slots get through with the color?
Yes, It was a May build. A LWB 4x4 cargo and it's through production and in final whatever they do for a few weeks before shipping. When we first placed the order Stone Grey was not available, but before the 7 day window closed we checked again and it was available. It went through for the final build.

Jack

Last edited:

Top Bottom