Motorcycle hauling with a 118?

Garandman

Think I’m going to install a strip of L track right down the middle of the floor.
Hahaha. Yes sir. I just purchased. Figured i spend the money on seat time getting use to it. Nothing tape and pulled fuses cant fix for now right.
The number plates where reused off my 600.. everyone knows how hard it is to get ahold of drippn wet.
Upgrade from my 2015 Gsx-R 600
What tracks do you go to? I’d like to head South this fall and ride some of the tracks. Farthest south I’ve been is NJMP.

We just pull the license plate and turn signals and cover and safety wire things as required [2016 GSX-R750]. Suspension has been upgraded front and rear, SS brake lines, spools, and WoodCraft rear sets. Going to get a clutch cover and some more hardware to protect the engine cases.

I’m 6’1 and had bilateral knee replacement so unless ridden regularly don’t have the flexion needed for proper body positioning. Keeping the bike street legal let’s me get enough seat time. Suzuki body parts aren’t that expensive anyway: the two guys next to me at the last session had a Panagale and an S1000RR, and the body part prices were crazy.

Last edited:
We just pull the license plate and turn signals and cover and safety wire things as required [2016 GSX-R750].
What track days require safety wiring?

Suspension has been upgraded front and rear, SS brake lines, spools, and WoodCraft rear sets.
Who does your suspension?

Going to get a clutch cover and some more hardware to protect the engine cases.
Their purpose isn't to protect your engine, they're to protect the track from your engine oil.

Suzuki body parts aren’t that expensive anyway: the two guys next to me at the last session had a Panagale and an S1000RR, and the body part prices were crazy.
Nothing wrong with that- you don't need race plastics if you're just doing track days, because track days don't require a fluid-containing belly pan.

Last edited:

Cwhite87

What tracks do you go to? I’d like to head South this fall and ride some of the tracks. Farthest south I’ve been is NJMP.
My home Org is PRE super big on safety and we promote Airfence like a bad habit as it has saves many lives that ive seen first hand. Once you get to A group more safety provisions like safety wiring is advised before track entry. My home track thats 45 mins away Is Virginia international Raceway :rad:..Absolutely love it so do the Moto America guys. if you never been its a must. within in 3-6 hours the ones i attend are Road Atlanta (another MotoA scheduled track), RRR in Gerogia, Carolina Motorsports park in SC, NCbike which is a fast flat track,

which is why i got this van i want to travel, an experience the circuit tracks in the US. definatley head up north with N2 racing and West from barber to COTA to Weathertech Raceway.:bow:

so a good mounting system to travel those distances are a bonus:2cents:

My home Org is PRE super big on safety and we promote Airfence like a bad habit as it has saves many lives that ive seen first hand. Once you get to A group more safety provisions like safety wiring is advised before track entry. My home track thats 45 mins away Is Virginia international Raceway :rad:..Absolutely love it so do the Moto America guys. if you never been its a must. within in 3-6 hours the ones i attend are Road Atlanta (another MotoA scheduled track), RRR in Gerogia, Carolina Motorsports park in SC, NCbike which is a fast flat track,

which is why i got this van i want to travel, an experience the circuit tracks in the US. definatley head up north with N2 racing and West from barber to COTA to Weathertech Raceway.:bow:

If you like track days, wait until you try racing. :thumbup:

Garandman

I've booked a two day event at NC Bike mid-October. Planning to hit TOD and that area either right before or right after. I'm at the stage of my life where I'm just cruising around, middle groups are fine with me. Though I just ordered an Aim Solo 2 timer to see what I'm missing....

Anyone put L track down on their floor? Right now with two bikes I have the retaining straps criss-crossed to the walls. I'm thinking putting a recessed L track just slightly off-center (so it marries up to the raised ribs in the floor) will make it easier to move around and load/unload. Or maybe just center it and put in spacers to support it. This is what I have under the floor: there's a layer of foam attached to the floor as well.

My road bike is a big girl - Triumph Tiger 1050 - and I'd like to bring both that and the GSX-R.

Here is my setup. 144 WB, using pitbull TRS. I love this setup, don’t have to deal with straps loosening, fraying or snapping, and just wasting time. Just click and go. I just came back from Road America and I had two bikes in there, all our riding and camping gear, no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1/4” plywood wrapped in very thin foam and car upholstery. I can't remember exactly what website I got it at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cwhite87

Ricracer16 your setup is nice how hard was it to mount the TRS plate on the bottom. do you have a pic of inside view looking from the slider?

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
Not a bike, but this was my anchor bolt backing for my 140’s cargo drawer: stacked “propane” and “fender” washers under the floor pan. The frame shown is 1” steel tubing, the bolts were 1/2” grade 8.
Overkill, but didn’t want it breaking loose in a crash...

-dave

Attachments

Last edited:
Ricracer16 your setup is nice how hard was it to mount the TRS plate on the bottom. do you have a pic of inside view looking from the slider?
Not hard at all. Just pre-planning the work, getting a lot of measurements and checking it before drilling holes.

cian128

throwing my setup in the mix (140)
thought about the long van but it is nice being able to fit in standard parking spot and 99% of time there is 2 people, 2 bikes

partition walls fit around the bikes, in the front of the van is the "rv" cabin.
have sink, burners, fridge, water tanks
Mattress is on the raised platform above the bike seats
solar and fan fitted on roof

will be fitting some shelves in the back here for storage

bikes are easy to push up ramp backwards, but most of the time I just lift them in and out. people laugh but I get them in and tied faster than people with pickups :idunno:

Attachments

Top Bottom