iCarsoft MB11 Scanner

dixie265

Lindsay
I have a T1N with the sprintshift transmission.
What sort of info could you get from it on yours?
Not a lot as mine is the round plug and is not OBD2 compatible ,so really only good for engine check light i believe?? comes up with 20 things including 'sprintshift transmission' but as for what you could do I cant help you there.
Too get this to work as intended van would have to be 2006+ with OBD2 plug.

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks Lindsay

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
The 'cheap' adaptor cables typically only have four pins populated as per this drawing...

14 Pin MB to 16 Pin OBD Cable.jpg

and consequently have very limited functionality.

I use an Autel MD802 along with the genuine Autel Benz CV-14 adaptor and this has many more pins populated and seems to be able to access all the Sprinters modules.

You may have to search out a fully populated adaptor cable or possibly even make your own from the wiring diagrams.

Keith.

dixie265

Lindsay
I received my cable today and so far looks good!

Plugs are screw together style as pictured so will have to do a pin out check against my Autel Benz-CV14.

I'll post later if it checks out.

Keith.
Keith,
Did you end up checking out this plug? did it work ?

Lindsay

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Hi Lindsay,

Unfortunately it only worked as well as the eBay lead! I could only connect to the CR engine ECU with it.

Pin outs seem very poorly distributed and do not match my Autel Benz CV-14 adaptor. The only pins correctly connected seem to be the Live and grounds and one of the K-lines.

Here is how the pin-outs compare:

Sprinter DLC Function Autel eBay Ali-Express
1 Ground KL31 4,5 4 5
2 Ign On KL15 8 N/C N/C
3 Live KL30 16 16 16
4 Immobiliser 12 15 3
5 Engine rpm 11 N/C 2
6 Central Lock 3 N/C 6
7 Alarm 1 N/C 7
8 SRS/Airbag 6 N/C 8
9 Auto G/Box 15 N/C 9
10 Speed Control 2 N/C 10
11 Add'tl Heating 13 N/C 11
12 IC 7 N/C 12
13 ABS 9 N/C 13
14 CR CDI 14 7 14

When I get time I will try re-soldering the Ali-Express cable to match the Autel adaptor.

At least this is a cheap source of the 14 pin MB plug!

Keith.

And attached as a pdf...

View attachment MB 14 Pin to OBD 16 Pin Short.pdf

Last edited:
I’m having the same problem.. I’ve got 3 different plugs and they are all reading bugger all on the 2003

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dixie265

Lindsay
I’m having the same problem.. I’ve got 3 different plugs and they are all reading bugger all on the 2003

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes , I've given up...I think the Aust T1N is not OBD2 as the US ones are so don't think you will get much out of them unless you use the Merc Star program.

Lindsay

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
I would imagine your Aus Sprinter is the same as my UK model, a round 14 pin twist lock connector.

I use an Autel MD802 with the genuine Autel Benx CV-14 adaptor and this can access all my modules (only 4 as no ABS, A/C, alarm, etc).

The 14 pin connector is definitely not OBD compliant!

There is a thread under the scanners sub-forum about the 14 pin DLC.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77817

Keith.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
I have just updated my other thread stating that I have successfully rewired the Ali-Express cable and it now allows access to the four modules on my T1N, see link in post above.

Keith.

PeterInSa

So Keith you have rewired pins 1-5 to line up with the Sprinter DLC configuration but I don't have your Autel MD802 scanner just one from ebay ( maybe even Ali Express) Whats the chance of it working

Top Bottom