Dometic fridge problem

nash223

I have a 2006 dometic 3 way fridge that works perfect on 12 and 110 but not on propane. The flame is good, the gas pressure is correct, the flue is clean and clear. The boiler and absorber coils are not the same temperature when on gas, boiler hot and absorber not. I did accidentally run the fridge on gas at a steep angle but I’m told if that had caused a blockage it would not work in any mode. Any ideas? It is a manual control fridge.

marklg

I have a 2006 dometic 3 way fridge that works perfect on 12 and 110 but not on propane. The flame is good, the gas pressure is correct, the flue is clean and clear. The boiler and absorber coils are not the same temperature when on gas, boiler hot and absorber not. I did accidentally run the fridge on gas at a steep angle but I’m told if that had caused a blockage it would not work in any mode. Any ideas? It is a manual control fridge.
What does the yellow propane light do on the front of the fridge?

Mine did not work on propane and the light was blinking. I think it was not lighting. It was repaired by cleaning the burner. I had issues with the heater too. It would not light and I replaced the burner and orifice.

Wish I could be of more help, but I don't have much experience with these appliances.

Regards,

Mark

Cousin Eddie

Having same problem and getting ready for extended trip from east coast to British Columbia. Any help greatly appreciated, or would anyone recommend a solid replacement fridge for the space. Thx

Cousin Eddie

Someone else has had to have this problem, I’m about to purchase a refrigerated cooler to keep key items cold when can’t connect to 110. I’m guessing after 13yrs this dometic fridges propane option is non operative or just to weak to use. Hopefully I can find a replacement fridge after August cross country trip.

edfrompa

2008 ROADTREK on F/L 2500
When did you have it serviced last?? Hopefully you have a relationship with a reputable RV service center who should fix your problem. IF it works well on 110VAC it should work ALMOST AS WELL on gas or something is amiss.
Just my $0.02, others may disagree.

nash223

In case this helps anyone. I was getting corrosion in the gas line leading to the burner. Particles were blocking the orifice. I would clean it and it would happen again. Discovered the gas line is just a European brake line, $7 at NAPA. All good now and I’m sure I saved hundreds by not buying dometic parts. If they even have them.

Top Bottom