Sprinter-Forum    
 

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Dealer and Supplier List > Dealer Info, Reviews, and Experiences

Dealer Info, Reviews, and Experiences Got dealerships? List them here.


 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2019, 10:31 PM   #1
sanomechanic
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: dana point california
Posts: 115
Thanks: 17
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Default Hoehn Mercedes has shady business practices

I drove down to Hoehn Mercedes in Carlsbad from Orange County to build 4X4 after being on the Sprinter Sales Manager's wait list. Built my van at his desk. Wrote deposit check. Then the general sales manager handed my check back to me. Said the sales manager had no business selling me the van. Told me the Stores GM gave instructions not to sell the van. Too many managers. After spending over an hour at the desk. over an hour stuck in traffic to get there.

Hoehn Mercedes is not a good place to conduct business.
sanomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:45 AM   #2
OrioN
2008 2500 170" EXT
 
OrioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 9,194
Thanks: 533
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,647 Posts
Default Re: Hoehn Mercedes has shady business practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanomechanic View Post
I drove down to Hoehn Mercedes in Carlsbad from Orange County to build 4X4 after being on the Sprinter Sales Manager's wait list. Built my van at his desk. Wrote deposit check. Then the general sales manager handed my check back to me. Said the sales manager had no business selling me the van. Told me the Stores GM gave instructions not to sell the van. Too many managers. After spending over an hour at the desk. over an hour stuck in traffic to get there.

Hoehn Mercedes is not a good place to conduct business.
Ummmm....


...are you going to us why they declined the order?



OrioN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:40 AM   #3
sanomechanic
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: dana point california
Posts: 115
Thanks: 17
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Default Re: Hoehn Mercedes has shady business practices

The General Sales Manager of the dealership intervened and took the build away from me and gave my deposit check back. He then bad mouthed the Sprinter Sales manager to me in the process. Told me the Sprinter manager had no business selling it. That he was told not to by the GM. That he has a hard time listening. Very strange set events. Guess they decided to give it to some one paying more money or something. They only had 1 build slot available. Who knows! Very bad experience there.

Last edited by sanomechanic; 05-15-2019 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Added more explanation
sanomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:57 PM   #4
Winterbagoal
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Canada/US
Posts: 381
Thanks: 123
Thanked 92 Times in 73 Posts
Default Re: Hoehn Mercedes has shady business practices

__________________
Mike.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) N24V + 2016 JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:48 PM   #5
Matt Foley
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Down by the river
Posts: 224
Thanks: 116
Thanked 112 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Hoehn Mercedes has shady business practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanomechanic View Post
The General Sales Manager of the dealership intervened and took the build away from me and gave my deposit check back. He then bad mouthed the Sprinter Sales manager to me in the process. Told me the Sprinter manager had no business selling it. That he was told not to by the GM. That he has a hard time listening. Very strange set events. Guess they decided to give it to some one paying more money or something. They only had 1 build slot available. Who knows! Very bad experience there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrioN View Post
And what was the reason for taking the sale away from you?


Pay attention.
Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:03 PM   #6
OrioN
2008 2500 170" EXT
 
OrioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 9,194
Thanks: 533
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,647 Posts
Default Re: Hoehn Mercedes has shady business practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Pay attention.
He added/edited that after I made my post....
OrioN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:42 PM   #7
Matt Foley
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Down by the river
Posts: 224
Thanks: 116
Thanked 112 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Hoehn Mercedes has shady business practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrioN View Post
He added/edited that after I made my post....
Actually, it looks like he edited his post 6 minutes after he made it, and your post that you have now deleted was made after that.

Why did you delete your post? Afraid that you'd look like more of a fool or a liar than you do right now?
Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:27 PM   #8
Onefin
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Telluride, CO
Posts: 884
Thanks: 493
Thanked 313 Times in 238 Posts
Default Re: Hoehn Mercedes has shady business practices

I like Hoehn, and use them exclusively for service.
They’ve been the only shop working on my vans since 2014.

I’ve never bought a van there so who knows?
Both dealers I bought from were not very good.....
The Mercedes dealer network has some issues and the high demand for the 4x4 vans is going to make it harder for most people to get a van.

I’m still struggling why The OP drove down to Carlsbad to make an order if he is traffic adverse....easy to do all that over the phone and internet. It’s not like there are a bunch of 4x4 vans on the lot to look at and drive. It does appear that the sales side of the business may have some issues....they’ve never had a solid sprinter salesperson since 2014 that I can recall.

There are many sprinter dealers near Orange County. Laguna Niguel, Walters, Temecula, Beverly Hills....but if you are ordering a van it doesn’t matter much what dealer....you just gotta go pick it up if they ever build it.

I’d recommend the OP contact a dealer that knows what’s up.....Aaron Berkowitz at Rocklin MB comes to mind.

I’d rather have the check handed back and the order cancelled on the spot versus waiting months thinking I was in line for a van. I’d still be annoyed.....so I’m not debating that the situation sucks.
Onefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:41 PM   #9
OrioN
2008 2500 170" EXT
 
OrioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 9,194
Thanks: 533
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,647 Posts
Default Re: Hoehn Mercedes has shady business practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Actually, it looks like he edited his post 6 minutes after he made it, and your post that you have now deleted was made after that.

Why did you delete your post? Afraid that you'd look like more of a fool or a liar than you do right now?
Actually, not.


For what it's worth, and clearly won't be much to you since you are just fvcking trolling me and yet again...

He made the post at 7:40

I viewed the post at 7:42

I replied at 7:44

He edited his post at 7:46


Annotation-2019-05-15-124820.jpg


I deleted my post, as it was no longer relevant.

Now who's the fool!



PS... Get help for your anger issues......

Last edited by OrioN; 05-15-2019 at 09:17 PM.
OrioN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:08 PM   #10
Matt Foley
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Down by the river
Posts: 224
Thanks: 116
Thanked 112 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Hoehn Mercedes has shady business practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrioN View Post
Actually, not.


For what it's worth, and clearly won't be much to you since you are just fvcking trolling me and yet again...

He made the post at 7:40

I viewed the post at 7:42

I replied at 7:44

He edited his post at 7:46


Attachment 112242




Get help for your anger issues......
LOL!
Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.