Armrests/covers cheap on fleabay

trc.rhubarb

Chinese, near exact copies of the factory units.
I took just the cushions and moved them over. Perfect fit, not quite exact same profile but who cares. I paid $49.99 shipped for a pair of complete adjustable armrests. Took about a month to get here. I'm ordering 2 more sets for the rear bench and outsides of the fronts.

Search under adjustable truck armrest - lots of sellers.
Make sure it looks like yours, there are a few models on the bay

Mickyfin

Re: Armrests cheap on fleabay

Do you have an actual link to your item on eBay? I'm looking to add a right hand armrest to my drivers seat.

glasseye

One of my favourite installs was a driver’s seat left side arm rest. Improved driving comfort remarkably. Bolts right in to existing threaded holes in the seat. Find them with a knitting needle.

Great find! :thumbup:

Search under adjustable truck armrest - lots of sellers.
Make sure it looks like yours, there are a few models on the bay

adjustable truck armrest

Some have free shipping. Typical prices seem to be mid to high $30 range.

Universal Left Side Adjustable Seat Armrest For Camper Van Motorhome Boat Truck
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-...-Camper-Van-Motorhome-Boat-Truck/163488517629

As Trc.rhubarb indicates, the pictures will reveal the correct types. It appears that if you're just swapping over cushion assemblies right/left side doesn't matter.

T1Narmrest01.jpg

T1Narmrest03.jpg

:cheers: vic

alexk243

KulAdventure
One of my favourite installs was a driver’s seat left side arm rest. Improved driving comfort remarkably. Bolts right in to existing threaded holes in the seat. Find them with a knitting needle.
You can confirm that all Dodge Sprinter front seats have the mounting hardware on both sides? I really want to do this too, but don't want to cut into the fabric if the mounting bracket isn't here.

Also for this knockoff armrests, they bolt up exactly to factory mounting points?

glasseye

You can confirm that all Dodge Sprinter front seats have the mounting hardware on both sides? I really want to do this too, but don't want to cut into the fabric if the mounting bracket isn't here.

Also for this knockoff armrests, they bolt up exactly to factory mounting points?
I certainly can’t confirm that ALL Sprinter seats have the mounting holes (not brackets), but some careful measurement and inspection with a needle or other sharp tool will confirm the presence (or lack thereof) of the mounting holes.

Manufacturers want to make copies of items, not unique ones, so the seats are likely identical:thumbup:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The seat back's foam rubber also has the hole pre-drilled for the bolts to pass through.
If you gently feel the vinyl covering, you can detect the three (roughly 1/4-wide) holes beneath it.
That's where you then investigate with a thin needle (embroidery, in my case ... but even a piece of 20 or 22 gauge bare solid wire would work)

--dick

alexk243

KulAdventure
And these cheap arm rests mounting holes line up with them also? The auction had no mention of vehicle fitment.

trc.rhubarb

And these cheap arm rests mounting holes line up with them also? The auction had no mention of vehicle fitment.
They did on mine. They are nearly identical copies - might even be the same thing without the logos. Likely lower quality but can't be worse than what I replaced.
Also, if you keep watching, I got a pair for $49 shipped.

They did on mine. They are nearly identical copies - might even be the same thing without the logos. Likely lower quality but can't be worse than what I replaced.
Are you referring to the holes for the top cover screws, or the swivel mounting to the side of the seat? Most of the pictures I've seen appear to have a 2 hole swivel mount to the seat.

I might even be tempted to buy a pair if they bolt right up to the 3 holes on the side of the Sprinter seat.

Also, if you keep watching, I got a pair for $49 shipped.
It might be helpful if you could include the specific listing title for what you bought. Using adjustable truck armrest gets a bunch of choices. The eBay listing link often changes, but the title wording usually remains the same when offered again.

Thanks for the info so far.

Thanasis

None of the knock-offs I was able to find on ebay had metal brackets matching the T1N's. Any one had a better luck?
This is what it should look like:

Attachments

None of the knock-offs I was able to find on ebay had metal brackets matching the T1N's. Any one had a better luck?
This is what it should look like:
I was thinking that an adapter plate for the 2 bolt to Sprinter wouldn't be too difficult to fabricate. The critical part would be to get the height the same. That may even be somewhat forgiving if the replacement has the level adjustment similar to the OEM armrests.

Another possibility.
Install the 2 ea. OEM to the driver position. Install the adapted armrests on the co-driver seat so they would be matched in height. That leaves the driver vs co-driver armrest covers looking different. I understand why that wouldn't be acceptable to some owners. A possible solution would be to install matching armrest covers on the inside position armrests. The different covers on the door sides would be mostly unnoticed. That is particularly true when they are rotated to the up position.

Glasseye's comment about 2 ea. armrests being nice spurs my interest. The search continues.

Last edited:

trc.rhubarb

I'll have to grab pictures of them when I am next at "my house"...
I'm on my own these days and while I still store stuff there, I can't just drop by without her permission.
I think I can go in the garage on Wednesday when i drop off my daughter.

I'm pretty sure the two holes lined up with the upper 2 OEM homes but I didn't put calipers on it.
I will when I get there next.

Meanwhile, the van looks so much better without the grimy, chewed up pads.
People aren't grossed out by it anymore. Now i just need some form fitting seat covers.

This is the link to what I bought.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-Univers...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I'm pretty sure the two holes lined up with the upper 2 OEM holes but I didn't put calipers on it.
Thanks again. A measurement on the hole centers for the aftermarket unit would be helpful.

If they are close to OEM then the idea of installing the aftermarket set on one seat would probably work fairly easily.

The armrest foam can look terrible as it wears out. I colored some HH66 cement with gray paint and painted the HH66 on the slightly worn ends. Not perfect, but better than the exposed tan color foam. I suppose just gray paint alone might work, but would have less body against wear.

alexk243

KulAdventure
So the two top holes line up with the T1N chairs, but there is not an aftermarket one with the third hole?

Do they hold up pretty well with just two bolts holding it? I like the idea of having two different front seats and using the factory ones on the driver seat.

Do they hold up pretty well with just two bolts holding it?...
Good question. 3 must be better over the long haul. The design on many of the offerings is only two fasteners, so I'd assume it's sufficient. Some of the other brand OEM armrest units I ran across only have 2 ea. fasteners.

It would be nice if just the 2 ea. can be properly aligned to a Sprinter.

I think they pulled the listing off ebay... anyone able to find it anymore?
This is the title from the link.

2X-Universal-Adjustable-Car-Seat-Comfort-Armrest-Console-Box-For-Truck-Van-Boat

Try a search leaving the dashes out.

vic

Top Bottom