Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > VS30 Sprinters > VS30 Write-Ups

VS30 Write-Ups Help other VS30 owners by posting your experience working on your Sprinter.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:30 PM   #11
Sprinty

Default Re: DD/Digital Lab/Camper

How did you find fitting it into the closed ribs? Were you able to fish it through or just had to pack it in?

At 3.5“ thick, do you have to compress it a fair bit? I believe the ribs/ cavities of the van are about 2” deep?

Last edited by Sprinty; 04-01-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Sprinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:55 AM   #12
sulkorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinty View Post
How did you find fitting it into the closed ribs? Were you able to fish it through or just had to pack it in?

At 3.5 thick, do you have to compress it a fair bit? I believe the ribs/ cavities of the van are about 2 deep?
No problems getting it into any parts of the van. I didn't have to fish it, it was pretty easy to get it in. It's really easy to cut out pieces and pull it through. The size of the wool will keep it in place. Super 77 for any bits otherwise.

If it was a small cavity it would have gotten squished into there.

I understand that an airgap is part of the insulation process. There is not always an airgap, in the closed portions. Although if wanted you could not use the full thickness of the 3.5. It is pretty simple to separate it, and if you wanted to make a thinner it wouldn't be hard.

3.5 was what I could find in my timeframe, and happy with it so far.
sulkorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:01 PM   #13
sulkorp

Finally had some time to finish off the drivers side deatmatting and insulation.

All of the factory lower trim now is insulated.

Luckily I could work around the seats being installed in the van.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190501_131807.jpg (60.9 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190501_134833.jpg (83.2 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190501_134844.jpg (110.2 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190501_134907.jpg (53.3 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190503_004228.jpg (62.0 KB, 81 views)
Old 05-29-2019, 11:01 AM   #14
Notfamous

Nice work so far!
What ramp are you using to load your cart? I have a filmtools Jr that I'm going to be strapping down in the back.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Notfamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:47 PM   #15
sulkorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notfamous View Post
Nice work so far!
What ramp are you using to load your cart? I have a filmtools Jr that I'm going to be strapping down in the back.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
You'll have plenty of space for that cart : )

I currently load in-and-out a Deploy v3 cart, and have an INOVATIV Ranger cart inside for storage/workspace.

The INOVATIV was my old cart, yet needed to switch footprints as I couldn't get into a lot of locations by myself. It also took a lot to wire up everyday.

I have a ramp which is temporary, and it is a Prime Tri fold ramp. I didn't want to get a traditoinal ramp installed, as they take up a lot of space and block the rear windows.

This one I use 2/3 sections, and am able to walk up and push in my cart.

I first used it going straight into the floor of the van, yet noticed the ramp was damaging the gasket that goes around the rear doors. Now I place it on the bumper, and have a small hump to get over when in.

Ideally I'm going to get a Roll-A-Ramp, as they don't seem to take up a lot of space.

I store the ramp strapped together and inside for transport at the moment. It slides in along the drivers side.

Here are a couple of photos of the setup currently when I am working in the van.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18.jpg (50.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 19.jpg (47.2 KB, 48 views)
Old 07-08-2019, 08:49 PM   #16
Scribe with a Stylus

You mentioned that “I have a ramp which is temporary, and it is a Prime Tri fold ramp. I didn't want to get a traditoinal ramp installed, as they take up a lot of space and block the rear windows.

This one I use 2/3 sections, and am able to walk up and push in my cart.

I first used it going straight into the floor of the van, yet noticed the ramp was damaging the gasket that goes around the rear doors. Now I place it on the bumper, and have a small hump to get over when in.

Ideally I'm going to get a Roll-A-Ramp, as they don't seem to take up a lot of space.

I store the ramp strapped together and inside for transport at the moment.”

Would either of these be suitable for picking up partially disabled relatives who might be able to walk up the ramp but not be able to step up the high steps into a Sprinter? Would either be suitable for use with the sliding door instead of the back door?

Walk in His Peace,
David
Scribe with a Stylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:42 PM   #17
sulkorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe with a Stylus View Post
Would either of these be suitable for picking up partially disabled relatives who might be able to walk up the ramp but not be able to step up the high steps into a Sprinter? Would either be suitable for use with the sliding door instead of the back door?

Walk in His Peace,
David
Yes both would work for that method. I have not put the Prime ramp at the side, so cannot mention its mounting.

I would suggest the Roll A Ramp
https://www.rollaramp.com/

Van page
https://www.rollaramp.com/van-ramps/

It can either roll into itself, or be tightened and fold like a folding ramp.

The prime ramp is very simliar to a ladder, and is not solid all the way up.

Roll A Ramp is more of a solid ramp/step the whole way up. It can also be mounted via quick release pins if it is going in/out.

On their website they show a variety of uses for their ramps (ie houses, accessibility)
Old 07-16-2019, 03:31 PM   #18
sulkorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe with a Stylus View Post

Walk in His Peace,
David
Here are some photos of the ramp setup I am doing.

I realize the roll a ramp can be quite pricey, so this may actually fit your needs. It is less than $200

I have no problem walking up and down it.

There are folding variations, although you would need 2 of them, and they don't lock together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20.jpg (242.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 21.jpg (114.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 22.jpg (221.2 KB, 11 views)