EGR COOLING

Hi need of help . My 2006 3500 is leaking coolent
From the hose or valve that it connects to.
Hose goes from EGR TO a valve that is on the
Driver side down under the power break unit.
I need to know what the valve is called so I
Can source a new part befor I take it apart.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Gene

Yes that was it six pump . Took it off and
Tested it does not work going to do the
by pass that you said would work this. Van
Also has the rear heater lots of 3/4 in water
Hoses going up and down the fire wall
Am going to bypass the rear heater to.

Thanks everyone for the support
Gene

Why is that? Isnt they all clamps?
Fuel lines, i understand, but why not coolant hose?
Not clamps. If a hose joiner is plastic it needs to be rated for the temperature. Personally I would use brass hose joiners if at all possible. They are available at most auto supply stores. A 90 degree might fit best for jumping a leaking pump.

A PEX brass fitting can work in a pinch.

vic

Did the bypass of the aux.pump.now a full flush
This van has rear air & heat with the compressor
And all that piping on the driver side made most
Impossible to access the the block drain or the
Radiator drain. Looked at a utube (thanks to the
poster)he removed the water hose from the EGR
put water hose in rad.fill and flushed the hole
System through the radiator & EGR I would’ve
Used a piece of hose to run the flush water out
under the van. Flush drill made simple

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
I would 3rd the importance of using brass and not plastic fittings. I see a number of "vanlife" DIY conversions and re-plumbing the cooling/heating is common. Just as common is the use of plastic fittings from Home Depot. And they wonder why it leaks....
Those high temps just melt and deform the plastic fittings.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
It is important to note that coolant rated glass reinforced plastic fittings are perfectly acceptable to use. Most auto part stores will have a bin of various fittings behind the counter specifically designed for heater hoses. As does Amazon. The radiator is plastic after all.

It is important to note that coolant rated glass reinforced plastic fittings are perfectly acceptable to use. Most auto part stores will have a bin of various fittings behind the counter specifically designed for heater hoses. As does Amazon. The radiator is plastic after all.
:idunno:

I've seen some comments about failure of Dorman vehicle type plastic fittings.

A straight through inline plastic fitting has less potential for failure than does one with a shaped body eg. - 90 degree.

In a pinch I would use plastic, but given a choice I'd go with brass. Before the discussion begins, the G05 HOAT fluid is designed to be compatible with aluminum, plastic, brass, etc. There is no galvanic reaction with brass hose joiners. They are isolated from any aluminum parts.

:2cents: vic

autostaretx

Erratic Member
There's plastic and there's plastic. PVC ain't nylon or Delrin

I had a rental VW van "incident" where the (it turned out) electric-plastic-conduit-elbow-used-as-coolant-join melted in service.
In South Africa ... on a dirt road beside a lake (while trying to find a campground) on a Saturday night.
As it happened, the melt happened while i was backing up, so i saw the puddle in the dirt.
It happened in front of a lakeside "cottage" and the owner let us push the van into their site and camp the night.
The owner *had* the appropriate temperature-rated elbow back at his house.. he drove off the next morning and fetched it for us.
This was in the middle of an across-half-the-country drive to get from Nelspruit (where the radiator had just been replaced) to Joburg for our flight out Monday morning.

--dick (they never should'a put water in VW engines :censored: )

Top Bottom