Winnebago Revel

Bendsprinter

My delivery is scheduled for 11/29. I am working at getting it to Idaho to have it fitted for skid plates, rock rails and a front hitch bumper. (By the way, I will be a Van Compass dealer in Jan. Waiting on a new lift.)

When it makes it home, a set of 265/75R16 are ready to be mounted.

Next round will be upgrading the solar panels and off road lighting.
Any update? Curious to see how the fit and finish is on production models.

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
Street price is $101K. Mine is loaded, except I wanted the stock steel wheels.
:thumbup:
I just signed on the line for one yesterday.
I also went for stock wheels and tires, and didn't go for the "Ugraded sound" (Which is replacing 2 MB stock speakers and installing a subwoofer).
I did just about the same on price.
Delivery timing is the big unknown.

mountainguy

I'm watching this thread with interest. Having renovated 1914 and 1871 houses my DIY spirit is nonexistent. Wife and I (no kids) want to buy something turnkey in the next 6-12 months, and so far the Revel seems closest to our vision for our vehicle (we're mountain bikers, SUPers, not hardcore ORVers).

I'm watching this thread with interest. Having renovated 1914 and 1871 houses my DIY spirit is nonexistent. Wife and I (no kids) want to buy something turnkey in the next 6-12 months, and so far the Revel seems closest to our vision for our vehicle (we're mountain bikers, SUPers, not hardcore ORVers).
Yep - Revel is directly marketed towards you!

Your skills will improve the more you use it as it will break more often and you'll have to fix things. Then you'll start thinking about little tweaks to get it juuuuust right. It's a slippery slope - I wish you luck! Ha!

TinMan.KC

SUPers, ??

Thx!

Craig

Farfrumwork

I saw one at the Denver RV show a month ago (thankfully, my time at an 'RV' show was not wasted)

We liked it a lot, but, as I knew already, the Revel is not setup for 4 people (maybe 3 if the 3rd is small). Non starter for me. (and I want the bi-xenon's :thumbup:)

FYI - I did notice that the 'shower' door had been revised since the pictures I had seen earlier. It had a much better design than the flimsy unit that people have mentioned.

Cool rig. I fit well on the bed too, and I'm 6'2".

OffroadHamster

Check out "Winnebago Revel 4x4" group on Facebook. Lots of photos and perspective from new owners.
I dont have facebook :cheers:

Gave it up for a month and never went back. I'm much happier without it. Looks like entirely marketing photos however.

Last edited:

content

I dont have facebook :cheers:

Gave it up for a month and never went back. I'm much happier without it. Looks like entirely marketing photos however.
I understand what you are saying about fb. However, if anybody wants Revel info, there are dozens, and maybe in the low hundreds, of photos of owners' Revels in the wild on the "Winnebago Revel 4x4" group. And there are also that many discussions and comments about pros/cons based on usage and inspection of Revels. I actually wish all that info was in a forum like this because it is easier to organize and search. But their fb group took off and there is a ton of info there.

Last edited:

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
I understand what you are saying about fb. However, if anybody wants Revel info, there are dozens, and maybe in the low hundreds, of photos of owners' Revels in the wild on the "Winnebago Revel 4x4" group. And there are also that many discussions and comments about pros/cons based on usage and inspection of Revels. I actually wish all that info was in a forum like this because it is easier to organize and search. But their fb group took off and there is a ton of info there.

I agree, lots of good information on the Revel 4x4 Facebook page. I also started following the Sprinter Buildout International Facebook page. Again, some useful info. Found others using vinyl plank flooring I was considering with links to user installs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
https://m.winnebagoind.com/products/class-b/2018/revel/overview

They just dropped this. Some people have mentioned they been able to get orders in at 115k-ish. Looks very well designed. If this is true this is going to definitely make OSV and such seem extra pricey to people. Seems every well designed!

What do you guys think?

https://youtu.be/XEPanglcJWk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like the headache free way to go, no more building your own, sign the line, make the payment and enjoy. :thumbup:

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
This is a 1+ hour "Winnebago Revel Educational Orientation & Walk Through" by LichtsinnRV on YouTube

https://youtu.be/bBCQ3iQyPr4
Thanks for posting that. I thought I had found all the Lichtsinn youtubes on the Revel, but that was the most informative yet.
I signed on the line for a Revel on December 15th, after touring and driving a demo.
The more I delve into it, the happier with it I am.
Now........If I could just take delivery!

content

Thanks for posting that. I thought I had found all the Lichtsinn youtubes on the Revel, but that was the most informative yet.
I signed on the line for a Revel on December 15th, after touring and driving a demo.
The more I delve into it, the happier with it I am.
Now........If I could just take delivery!
Congratulations! They are cool rigs. It looks like people who have taken delivery are really putting them to use and enjoying them. When is yours due?

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
Congratulations! They are cool rigs. It looks like people who have taken delivery are really putting them to use and enjoying them. When is yours due?
Excellent question. Originally the dealer said maybe April. Last email communication, May/June.
They are blaming the delay on getting new vans through emissions testing.
Does anyone know if any actual 2018 vans are being delivered yet? My understanding is the Revels that are being delivered are 2018 Wnnebagos on MB 2017 chassis.

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
Check out "Winnebago Revel 4x4" group on Facebook. Lots of photos and perspective from new owners.
I finally joined FB a few days ago, specifically to absorb as much Revel lore as I possibly could.
You were right......A few very knowledgeable folks on there, some with blogs with a ton of good information.
None of them know much about Sprinter lore, but their specific subset, some really good tips.
But I feel dirty every time I sign on. Now that I have vacuumed up the good info, and filtered it out of the chaff, how do I quit FaceBook?

Top Bottom