Post your mountain biking pics here

ENMeyer

How about a picture thread of your biking adventures via Sprinter?

Dolores, Colorado had a recent storm, so while on a work trip there, I rented a fatbike. Just North of Cortez, and an hour or so from Telluride, this is a funky little town with a great brewpub, and not a whole lot else.... except for Boggy Draw trail system, which is quite fun:

kilowatt

2008 170" high roof
How about a picture thread of your biking adventures via Sprinter?

Dolores, Colorado had a recent storm, so while on a work trip there, I rented a fatbike. Just North of Cortez, and an hour or so from Telluride, this is a funky little town with a great brewpub, and not a whole lot else.... except for Boggy Draw trail system, which is quite fun:
And Phil's World, probably the finest trail system in SW Colorado. Okay, it's closer to Cortez, but still..

ENMeyer

And Phil's World, probably the finest trail system in SW Colorado. Okay, it's closer to Cortez, but still..
YES! I've ridden Phil's world about 20 times. One of the finest trail systems anywhere! Super fun, not terribly technical, great views. If you can ride Phil's world without a smile on your face, I'll send you a dollar!

surlyoldbill

Loading up the Sprinter with mine and the kids' bikes for a Utah, Arizona and Colorado trip. The kids loved Moab the most.
Who doesn't love Moab?
I haven't been for a couple years, so I'm going this Spring...by myself!
When I lived in Summit County, I used to go to Moab about every weekend April through October. I'm still keeping an eye on property there, and might pick up a small house in town if I have to do a property exchange to avoid capital gains.

BikeJozz

Cortez was fun indeed.

This spring will be our first big trip with the Sprinter.

5 weeks in AZ-UT-NM-CO.

Been a few years since we've been out west. Our main playground is mostly north east.

Happy trails!

Attachments

ENMeyer

Cortez was fun indeed.

This spring will be our first big trip with the Sprinter.

5 weeks in AZ-UT-NM-CO.

Been a few years since we've been out west. Our main playground is mostly north east.

Happy trails!
Let us know if you need trail recommendations in Colorado. I travel the state for work, and my mountain bike is there with me 95% of the time!

BikeJozz

Gooseberry Mesa is likely my most favorite place to camp & bike. Not much climbing, but it's fast & sweet with enough technical sections.
Yes everything in Hurricane is pretty sweet. Such a cool spot to camp too with Zion in the background.

ENMeyer

Recent trip through Fruita/Moab/Scottsdale. 2 nights in the sprinter (with the Espar thermostat set to 65 degrees!)

lindenengineering

I can post my mountain bike which I have had for donkey's years, the famous MO-5!

I don't have the vintage Sig-Sauer to go with it, but it has all the other kit plus the gun clips.
Here is the bike in action with one of the finest armies in the world.
Remember no-one has dicked with this lot in 200 years!
Even Adolf gave them a wide berth during his Euro adventures!
Dennis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkjpDZ1O4C0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl7r28WCsC0

Last edited:

calbiker

Thanks Dennis for some mountain bike history. The only thing missing on those bikes are fat tires.

This adventure thread isn't complete without mentioning Ape Canyon to Plains of Abraham (Mt Saint Helens). This trail is ranked 9th in the US and #1 in Washington. It's a must ride for mountain bikers. The trail usually opens early July. While you're there, ride the Lewis River Tr.

St. Helens was giving out a puff of smoke while up there. I was up there with my VW Westfalia on that trip. I can fit more toys in the VW than the Sprinter MH. It's loaded with windsurf gear, whitewater kayak, and bike. The last pic is from Lewis River Tr.

Attachments

Top Bottom