Bulb Out Warning Light Staying On

LarryCola

2009 Fleetwood Pulse 24-D The orange "bulb out" warning light in the dash comes on when I start the engine. I found one of the license plate bulbs burned out. I replaced it and it now works however the "bulb out" warning light in the dash is still on. I checked every light on the unit numerous times including all listed in the manual that would cause the warning light to come on...all work fine. I do not have automatic headlights. Any ideas? Does something need to be reset? The manual says nothing about a reset...

showkey

Start swapping bulbs..........one of the bulbs or the fixtures as corrosion or bad connection. It still might be working but the body module is sensing it not. I would start with the tail lights. If that does not work corrosion or bad connection a one of the wire harness connectors would be the next place to look.

Substituting LED bulbs can also cause a problem.

Last edited:

LarryCola

So, has anyone had an issue replacing bulbs with after market bulbs? According to the local Sprinter using an after market bulb may be the reason the warning light is still on??

LarryCola

Aftermarket bulbs

2009 Fleetwood Sprinter/2008 Sprinter 3500 chasis - Has anyone had an issue replacing bulbs with after market bulbs? I replaced a burned out license plate bulb with an aftermarket one and my ""bulb burned out" warning light in the dash is still on....According to the local Sprinter dealer using an after market bulb may be the reason the warning light is still on?? However, they show a bulb with a different bases as the replacement for the Sprinter. Looks like when the Fleetwood camper body was installed they switched to a different socket/bulb so the Sprinter one will not work.

Last edited:

So, has anyone had an issue replacing bulbs with after market bulbs? According to the local Sprinter using an after market bulb may be the reason the warning light is still on??
I've heard that before. I believe that it is a myth.

Mother Mercedes doesn't manufacture lamps. They buy them from a supplier to spec of some sort. I'm certain for cost reasons MB selects from industry standard lamps and does not request custom designed and made lamps. So the lamps are available from multiple manufacturers, not just Mercedes.

Based upon a rash of T1N OEM headlamp failures early on, I'm pretty convinced that MB contracted with a manufacturer who put out some sub-standard lamps. After the initial rash of infant failures, we don't see as many posts about the headlamp issue now.

All that said, some lamp styles come in different wattages. The lamp may look the same, but have a different lumen output and amperage load. The MB lamp monitoring system could notice that.

It is similar to oils meeting MB spec, but not having the Mercedes brand name. It just doesn't matter. There is no reason that a properly matched aftermarket lamp should not work just fine in a Sprinter. Be certain the lamps are truly the same.

vic

awaywego

2008 NCV3 2500
In the interest of providing some help, let me tell you that I have changed two headlight bulbs in the past 2 weeks. Both were H7 Sylvania off-the-shelf aftermarket bulbs (1 wal-mart, $9.97, 1 O'Reilly, $14...I was in need so had no choice).
The warning light went off itself each time after the replacement.
Use bulb grease on contacts each time just for peace of mind. And I'm sure you already know not to touch the bulb with bare fingers...oil on fingers creates hot spots on bulb and burns them out quickly.
Good luck.

Last edited:

LarryCola

Bulb Out Warning Light Staying On Fixed!

It turns out the advise was right on the money. I looked up the specs on the Sprinter factory license plate bulb volts/watts/amps and compared them to the replacement bulb I bought. Turns out, the amps on the replacement bulb were alot lower. Went to a lighting store with the specs on the factory bulb and bought the closest thing. Plugged it in and the warning light went out. Lesson learned, will look up OEM specs next time I buy a replacement bulb of any kind. Thank you for all the help!

NJGCLLC

Sorry to Reply on an old thread. I bought a used 2016 MB sprinter 2500 High top 170 WB. Love this truck. The Light bulb out indicator light comes on but only at night. I have checked Every bulb and they are all working. If I turn the headlights on during the day no Sensor indicator, But if i turn them on during the night it pops right up. Any Ideas?

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Sorry to Reply on an old thread. I bought a used 2016 MB sprinter 2500 High top 170 WB. Love this truck. The Light bulb out indicator light comes on but only at night. I have checked Every bulb and they are all working. If I turn the headlights on during the day no Sensor indicator, But if i turn them on during the night it pops right up. Any Ideas?
License plate lamps....

Aggie

2010 Roadtrek SS Ideal
Sorry, no ideas but my experience is that my warning light is on most of the time but frequently after a few days of non- use the warning light is off at startup but turns on after a few minutes of operation. I’ve had several MB shop service works since this started. I’ve not asked them to fix it but given that they do “fix” other things without request (wiper blades, cabin air filter, etc) resolution must be complex.

NJGCLLC

Im gonna check its only sometimes. Ill double check the LP lights. Also im gonna remove the tail lights and double check. They changed both covers before they sold it to me they both had a small crack in them.

mjrtom

Any additional info on this subject? I have 2014 Freightliner Sprinter 170 and have lost all rear lights. I have checked all of the fuses, the light bulbs and connections.

Top Bottom