I love Motorcycles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
:hugs: ...True short story! How I almost hit a tree, and killed my self!...:eek:... Until this day, only Benjamin my riding partner knew of this story!:popcorn:
While participating in a Enduro race, can't remember :idunno:the race name, there are a lot of them, but I do remember the location as The Stonyford Area Grindstone Ranger District Mendocino National Forest, at trail number 4., a single track trail, 6.5 miles in length, that crosses 5 creek draws, with elevations of 3600' to 5000', a Forest trail that is shaded from the sun by the woods, a slightly opened up trail, meaning it is a realitive fast trail, there are trees on the trail, both standing and fallen, the trail is filled with shadows, piled with leaves, and because it's a side hill trail it's loaded with rocks and bolders, by any count a sublime trail for the Event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:
It was a Hoot! ..._~="`\~/'",_|"|`"\:bounce:_/`,~|~/`\:... ...:lol:...:,.:rad:...YAHOO! Trail 4. then brings you to a intersection, that you can go southeast to the Goat Mountain summit, or continue on 4 Northwest to a Stonytop , which is the direction that the event organizers choose, marked by a orange arrow .

Now to accurtately tell what is going to happen, I need to describe what a LINE is.:popcorn:

A LINE is built in the mind, a 3" to 6"s wide swath, artfully projected on to the trail, needed for the motorcycle to traverse the trail, A rider chooses a LINE to manipulate the trail. To a degree; the farther out that the LINE's [length] is projected the better,:thumbup: it's determined by (speed, and line of sight). Some times you just can't see! A example of obstruction of sight would be, a crown in the trail, a bush at the inside apex of a turn, or rain, and if it's cold enough, snow, a white out,... roost,...etc., and some times your Brain just dos'nt see it, which is never good, but the farther out the fewer details that are used to construct the LINE. A example of small details would be, (surface condition, surface traction, a 1"or smaller rock, exposed tree root, a Nuwt...etc.)....:smilewink:"Always tread lightly"!:smilewink:... The LINE is a [three Dimensional projection], Length, Breadth, and depth, it exist only in your your mind's eye! A large proportion of the riders concentration is in two places,... rapidity switching [Back and Forth], determined only by importance! The [FORTH]; is the [forward place of concentration] used to building the LINE, that is where you are looking, and knowing... that is where you will be in the future!...:popcorn: The [BACK]; is the [concentration of the Tires two Earthly contact patches], again a proportion of concentration is used up. There is a limited amount of cogitate Brain concentration, rapidity switching determined by importance! (for simplicity; only a five of the 40 technique to ride a motorcycle will be described).

To be continued...:thumbup:...Domestic life A calling, need to attend.:...cheers:

aka; aboriginal Chuck here!

Last edited:

CJPJ

"all speed's sizes and elevations etc..., used in describtions of events are from my recalled memory, and accurate to the best of my abillity"!...:thinking:

part #1. continuation ; last prase,"booring":snore: , [re-writen] to; (for simplicity; only five areas of concentation are described ).

OK! back to the Fun stuff, the Ride!...:bounce:

Trail #4 continues with a 300' ascent to the stonytop, with varying speeds. The first 45' ascent is wavey, it meanders around with loose and planted rocks.

My speeds... 18mph., speed is relative to the difficult of the terrain, the "harder the slower you go ", slower the harder.

If the trail speed is slow, it's because the trails difficult, and it will takes a lot of effort! And Effort consumes your endurance!...:drool:

First concentrat ahead 120', and constuct a "rough LINE", for basic direction, very little detail, only includes big stuff, stuff that needs to be gone around , stuff thats importaint to clear!.

OK Now! reel in the LINE to about 37', I need a very detailed LINE, one I can work with, to build momentum, after all, This is a Race!, and understand that, (I'am going to reel in) that Motorcycle, that's 300' in front of me ...:rad::clapping::popcorn::clapping::thumbup::cheers::cheers:

The 37' LINE is short, and it Finesses with subtle details of (sexy) grip.:bounce:

The limited avalable concentration:thinking: is devided between;

Concentrating on the, Earth to Tires contact patches, FORTH to BACK, Front tire to rear tire. and

Concentrating on projecting the LINE. and

Concentrating on using the Motorcycles five controls, front brake, rear brake, throttle, gear shift, clutch and that the

Concentation division is determined only by importance, rapidity, switching the limited avability of it, between the LINE, the Earth to tire contacts and the Motorcycles controls.

What is a ENDURO?. Basics;[ 400 Rider limit, firstRiders out @ 6;31am.,timed to 100th/sec. three or four riders per min., and there's a pecking order that sorts it's self, 80miles min., 100miles max., Gas available@ every 50miles max., a optional third loop can make total milage go over 100miles, no pre. run the race course, hidden check points that scan and mark riders times, usually 8 of them. AA class is pros. it's there job, A, B, C, & E, class, Have Fun!]

I'm SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Feel that that there may be some readers thinking!:shifty: "GETTOTHEPOINTOFTHESTORY ALLREADY"
Ok I'am I'am for those readers! I will tell the end of the story in the next line below!

I missed the tree, and lived to see another day! TRUE STORY! The end!:snore:

Now To accurtately tell what what is going to happen, I need to tell how the human Brain works!...imho... First back to racing!...:smirk::popcorn::thinking::thumbup::clapping:

Continuing on the asent towards stonytop the Trail open up areas are faster, then tightens up again, numerous times, with Earthy variance of rock and soil, speed variance from 8mph to 37mph.

To be continued...:thumbup:...Domestic life A calling, need to attend.:...cheers:

aka; aboriginal Chuck here![/QUOTE]

Last edited:

CJPJ

:Wife :hugs: is here!..: Says...:2cents:... "that i use to many Smilies characters,:D:...and they distract:,:shifty:... making it harder to read"!...:thumbdown:...
I LOVE my Wife!...:smilewink:

...:thinking:....!

Funny thing is!...:lol:...The reason that, i use the Smilies characters,:tongue: is to enhance the written script!..:professor:.. making it easier .. to read!... IMHO...:thumbup:...:popcorn:

Methinks!...:thinking:... That I do, and a'm have being witness to the fact that could it be possibily that I am using way to many words to describe things!...:smirk:

Last edited:

CJPJ

:thumbup:
Part #2. Continuation :popcorn:

Continuing on the asent towards stonytop the trail opens up, areas are faster, then tightens up, numerous times, with earthy variance of rock and soil, and variance of speed from 8mph to 37mph, we are on the Dirtbike, and we are riding on the memory of the LINE, like a blind persons braille, the Tires confirm where on the LINE we are at....:rant: The Tires feel what you saw, if it matches good! If it dosent match, You are riding over Your head! Slowdown until you get a perfect match!...:cheers:

For me, my Race pace is, @ 95-96-97% of my ability, At a 95% ability there is a 99.99% of no accident! 96% its like 99.9% so on.

The earth to tire contact patches are burning up memory LINE, the Knobs of the tires interactaction with memory, and the function with the friction between the Earth to Tires consumes the memory LINE and changes in momenum occur!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it fells good! ...:tongue:...

...The limited coginizance of concentration is being divided and switching, FORWARD accumulating more LINE, BACK consuming the LINE, with tire contact patches, and operating the five Motorcycle controls, balanced with speed Braille input raitio......I'ts the perfect guage! What % of The edge do you chose to ride at?...:rolleyes:

Stonytop; Its rock, 50' across with jetted up and out contures so rough it bottlenecks the trail, Trail speed is 3mph, as you ease over the tops edge. A quick glance you see Snow Mountain N/E 20 miles. Stonytop back side is a Dragon back down hill, 2.25 miles long! Speed is procured with out using the throttle, it's surface is deep loose shale, the sound is of china plates broken a surface that slides. Speed is 27mph for a while, then scrubed to 17mph as you enter a area of brush, manzanita srubs and trees, all the wile down!

I exit the constricted area, a LINE projection out 300' for direction of course, filled with Rough detail. The Rider in front, now is now 150' ahead. At or near stonytop He must have stoped or slowed, to clear vision, a cleaning wipe of the goggles to improve his vision for the descent. Near the top I had swiped mine, with the back of my glove. MY speed is 40 mph., MY LINE is 62' filed with detail. I recognize the Rider as the dude! Thats what Ben and I call him, when we speek of him. We knowned him for 10 years! See him at all the events. And when we talk with him, we never use his name, because "we dont know it"! He probbly doesnt remember ours, it does'nt matter!

The Dudes Riding skill level is the same as mine. Actualy I think I'am a Tad better, but he has passed me many times. The Dude will ride , a click or even 2 clicks closer to the edge then I am willing! And I'm Good with leting him by, because HE is fun to follow and Fun to watch...:popcorn:... :thumbup:

:turd:The Dude just went down!!!.......HARD!

What I saw, in my periperal Vision was the Hondas rear Tire out to the left, then a violent reversal, counterclock wise rotation, with the Dude pirouetting up up and away, while the Honda starts fliping! This energy absorbing manuver scrubed some of His speed, but not nearly enough, leaving Him on His own, in a body core tighting, moon walk, to rag doll, soil sampling, nap time!...:shhh::snore:....

WH,OOO,OOO,OOO,OOO,aaa ! HOLLY MACKEREL THAT SUCKED !

I a'm about to loose control too! My Brailla feed back just informed Me that the Front tire has started to leave the Memory LINE , request for a new LINE trajectory. Y'ah I'm on it! The Bike has developed a slip, and is sliding to the left, although the Front tires contact patchs width, is still half with in the memory LINE, unforseen forces comprising of low surface traction, in a off camber turn, and contrifical force is making the bike drift to the left. same as a warming Ice cubes would do, a slow drift towards the edge on a 1955 chevrolets hood !

Working forward I do a Rough LINE projection, where is the new procured inertia sending me! The Rough LINE Projection is ok out to 150' Then it is dead center of a Hemlock tree, the base being about the size of a LaseBoy recliner. NOT ACCEPTABLE! A quick LINE check to the left of the Hemlock, mountain rolls off so steeply, that it would be a air born launch I'm guessing 50' to 75', scaling I see 25'to 50' of tree top, and I know these trees to be 100' pluss tall, they would never find the bike or Body! I choose the Hemlock!

Know I'm going to tell you how the Brain Works! IMHO!

To be continued...:popcorn:

aka; apparition Chuck here!

Last edited:

CJPJ

The silence!... cricket... chirrup... chirrup . . . chirup . . . chirup . . .

mackconsult

There is not way I can't chime on this one. But alas .... my trusty XR failed me yesterday at work.

Would not start so today I get to drive my sprinter over to work and load it up and bring it home.

CJPJ

1. check for spark, if no spark, check coil, I've had coils stop working!

2. check fuel gets to carb!

see ya!

CJPJ

Love to hook up a trail ride, some time. I'm in El Sobrante, [The leftover] I'm retired so any day or time, if your able! Sons are welcome! Wifes got a CRF 150 R.:bounce:

I know Stonyford it's 200,000 th/accors, George Town, Forest Hill, Pye pye Vally, rock creek , Middle creek , Shasta, etc... And then there's Oregon, a beautifull 9 hr ride over two mountain ranges of quality time in the sprinter!:D:

Thanks for the pictures and vid., most fun stuff I bet that you got a work out!

Last edited:

davisdave

2005 140 tall passenger
wow, that is sooooome story:smirk: i have ridden all the places you listed...nor cal has excellent riding! im a dualsporter, drz400. would add the downieville area and the dez north of reno...blackrock. anyone want to cross the rubicon? ive been in both sides but never all the way across...

CJPJ

Georgetown Rock Creek staging area!...:cheers:..Technical!

Rubicon Trail Glacier polished granite ; good summer ride, high elevation , so it's not hot, and little dust, because it's granite!

need; to post pictures of Rubicon Trail.

I took one guy on the trail, He was so impressed with the area, "Life changing experience" Is what he said!

Beaueous, beauty

Last edited:

bladerunner

Georgetown rock creek staging area. :cheers: technical!

Rubicon Trail Glacier polished granite ; good summer ride, high elevation , so it's not hot, and little dust, because it's granite!

need; to post pictures of Rubicon Trail.

I took one guy on the trail He was so impressed with the area, "Life changing experience" Is what he said!

Beaueous, beauty!
Well CJPJ......................found all of that a interesting read....................any chance of you posting some pics................you, your bike(s), country side with you and your bike etc, etc????

Geek

I love bikes too.
...I prefer to ride off the beaten path.

:cheers:

Bladerunner wanted pics? :smilewink:

I'll forgo the wheelie/racing/knee dragging sportbike pics and just post some of my adventure riding pics:

B

boxcar

Stunning pics, Edward, wow!
Going where no Sprinter has been before (though they can get you within striking distance).

CJPJ

I took one guy on the trail He was so impressed with the area, "Life changing experience" Is what he said!

Beaueous, beauty!

OMG..... Thats What I"M Talking About!

:bow:...Geek!....You the Man!... .. . You got a Stetson Hat style!...:professor:

THANKS!

:popcorn:Rubicon Trail has a brother!...; Fordice Trail [spell ?], It's equal but, 1000' higher, the granite has more fracture, like it's the older brother!...:thinking:

Last edited:

CJPJ

Well CJPJ.........any chance of you posting some pics................you, your bike(s), country side with you and your bike etc, etc????
bladerunner ; You are getting kind personal here!...:smirk:

I would have to check with the wife to beable to post pics...:hmmm:remember that I just learned of the right side, click of the mousse, mouse,...that thingie, you know what im talking about?...:shhh:

I do have Helment Cam Video ; MiniDV cassette 3hrs Videos, about 30hrs. I don't know how to post! but I can fax em to you, and you postem!:smirk:

Last edited:

davisdave

2005 140 tall passenger
sweet pics! so many places to ride...so little time:thumbup: would love to ride colorodo and utah. post pics of the rubicon! i will try to dig up a couple. ive been to fordyce lake, but was with the woman and her ttr125...didnt want to kill her! here is a vid of blackrock area, im on the yeller bike with red helmet. good variety, but especially love the playas, washes, and singletrack made by cows, wild horses, and burros...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYihDLS522I&feature=related

CJPJ

Way Good! You guys got's some skills ; both riding, and vidio production!:thinking:

I really like the camera angle looking back, showing the roost, like a jet!:thumbup:

I dont know Black Rock area, looked like high desert to me!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

diging the music too........................:rad::rad::rad:

Last edited:

Top Bottom