View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 11:13 PM   #10
Aqua Puttana
Poly - Thread Finder

Thanked 14,231 Times in 9,033 Posts
Default Re: Water in Fuel Light WIF warning is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Puttana View Post
Are you being a hoser?

With the possible consequences to your engine, I would not recommend hanging your hat on "What if it's just a faulty sensor?". The only real answer is to treat any and all WIF warnings as real until proper troubleshooting has shown that "it's just a faulty sensor?".

Until then, guessing that it is a faulty sensor is the same as ignoring the warning. Hiding one's head in the sand may not work so great.

vic
My apologies to Mawsea for the above somewhat flippant response.

I didn't realize that he was in the throes of deciding what to do after getting a couple WIF warnings.

Apparently a dealership just overcharged him for a water drain and minor service and sent him on his way.

As indicated above, the fuel tank has since been drained and cleaned. I think that even though that is a bunch of work, given the possible consequences to the fuel system and injectors, it was the right thing to do.

vic
Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. Publilius Syrus
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't." HaWiiLuVeR
16 ounces of unnecessary prevention can be worth a pound of manure.
Aqua Puttana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aqua Puttana For This Useful Post:
mawsea (07-24-2016)