View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 08:52 PM   #164
sailquik

Thanked 5,615 Times in 3,403 Posts
Default Re: NCV3 Identification, Miles, Months and Opinion

USMC Mustang,
Is the dealer you are using (I expect it's in the Washington DC or Northern Virginia area) an authorized Mercedes Benz Sprinter dealer, or just the nearest Mercedes Benz Automobile dealer?
There are huge differences between the Authorized MB Sprinter dealers and the Mercedes Benz Car dealers.
Sounds like the dealer you are using is either not familiar with the repetitive faults/genuine replacement parts provisions of the Sprinter
new vehicle warranty or they are not giving you the benefits of the warranty provisions and simply charging you for everything they
replace and also charging you $170.00 every time they hook up your RV to their diagnostic computer.
You really need to get out your MB Sprinter warranty manual and become conversant with it's provisions so you can be assertive with
the service representative about what the warranty covers and what you need to pay out of pocket.
I've had to push them a bit on this, even though I'm supposed to be a favored Sprinter customer.
If you point out that they are diagnosing and repairing a part or system that they have previously repaired, there is a 2 year
extension to the warranty on those parts and possibly on the labor to diagnose and replace them a 2nd time.
Not all Mercedes Benz Authorized Sprinter dealers do a lot of commercial work, so look around for one of the few dealerships that
do a lot of commercial Sprinter repairs, and that has spent the extra capital to have a dedicated Sprinter repair shop with the high
bays and heavy duty service racks/heavy duty alignment tree/heavy duty wheel balancing equipment that it takes to service Sprinters
and Sprinter based RV's.
Hope this helps.
Roger
OEM back up camera, LED light package, fog lamps,
Had 2014 516 OM-651 I4/7G-Tronic|2010 NCV3 519/3500/144|2011 & 2012 NCV3 519/3500 170
2006 T1N 3500/158
sailquik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sailquik For This Useful Post:
autostaretx (04-20-2019), TooMuchHair (04-20-2019)