View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 09:37 PM   #19
ADV Pete

Default Re: 2016 Moto/ MTB Van Build

After the ceiling was installed, I started working on the first wall panel and then built the galley overhead cabinet.

The B pillar trim had to be slightly clearanced using an air saw.

The cabinet sides were mocked up with cardboard templates.

The sides were attached from the inside using L brackets from Lowes. I didnít want any external screws showing.

The doors are hinged with these and stay up with 22.5 lb gas struts.

The ratchet style latches keep the door shut and hold them just slightly out enough so they donít rattle.

We used flush mounted cabinet door pulls to keep it clean and so nothing snagged on them.

The control panel has our Renogy solar controller and Victron 712 battery monitor. Below them are our switches for the waterpump and future rack lights in addition to a dimmer for the LED lights mounted under the cabinet. The square bezel rocker switches are mounted in a Penn-Elcom D2101K metal dish that keeps them set back into the panel nicely.

The Media Receiver is mounted to the right for our tunes. Itís small and simple with Bluetooth & AUX input only. We pair or plug in our laptop or our phones for music. A pass-thru AUX jack is mounted under the cabinet for quick and easy plug-in access.

The inside of the cabinet is upholstered with the same material as our walls to give it a finished look as well as keeping things from banging against the wood. The bottom is speaker box carpet, which works awesome for softening drawers and cabinets. I mounted our remote inverter ON/OFF switch and a solar disconnect switch inside the cabinet wall.

Some under cabinet LED lights were installed (on a dimmer switch) to finish it off.
ADV Pete is offline   Reply With Quote