View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
Aqua Puttana
Poly - Thread Finder

Thanked 13,760 Times in 8,742 Posts
Default Re: Warning Light guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossco View Post
I have a red light that comes on, only when my 05 is cold and i am accelerating. It goes away once it is warm or not accelerating. It is a red light that looks like a muffler with water in it?

Is there a guide somewhere to what this symbol means? Any idea of cause?

05 sprinter with 199,000 miles.
The symbols are all listed in the operator manual. Links to the operator manual are in the Database Section of this forum. http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26431

The cold operating symptom and description suggests that it might be your Coolant Level. It is possible that it could be oil level, but that is less likely. Check the coolant level cold. If your oil dipstick handle is red then check that with the engine hot using the procedure in the operator manual. (Basically it says to shut off the hot engine. Wait a minute or so, then check the oil level.) Do not overfill the engine oil. There is a high and a low level sensor.

vic
Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. Publilius Syrus
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't." HaWiiLuVeR
16 ounces of unnecessary prevention can be worth a pound of manure.

Last edited by hkpierce; 09-27-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Aqua Puttana is online now   Reply With Quote